No announcement yet.

Aldi fruit trees - let's all contact Aldi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very good trees for the money though I bought 8 different ones, think there were about 12 varieties no czar plum but victoria was a good alternative
    was only going to buy 2 or three , ah well looks like a mini orchard now ,will reap the benefit in a few years though, lucky I had no passengers in the car

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
      Glad thats over it was approaching Arpoets getting a waterbutt full of water of the top shelf at at DIY store calamity. Yes I was being very optimistic at juggling fruit trees with a pram with a 10month old, my two year old and just the whole aldi shopping thing but its done.

Just to report the trees at mine are more 2.5m so not quite so easy to pop in ya car (if it is full of people and stuff ) and only the roots are bagged (thankfully and bizarrely I had secateurs in the car). I didn't see any braeburn apples or Jonagold apples but they have gained spartan.

Hope this helps
      Wish I had gone down now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
        Wish I had gone down now!
        My branch had four big box crates full. You should be fine if you go sometime in the near future.

Comment

Just to report the trees at mine are more 2.5m
          They had some Apples and Plums in my Wilkos with roots-in-bag that were a good 2M tall and labelled "Dwarf" I should have taken a photo ...
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Apples, – These will be budded onto a “M9 Dwarf” rootstock, which will fruit earlier.

I am not sure if they are really on the dwarf M9 rootstock - they seemed pretty vigorous to me.

They offer more varieties than shown on the picture. I saw there Spartan and Discovery apple trees, and also a pear variety with a long name, which I do not remember now.

What do you think about those varieties, anyway?

Comment

I've successfully grown Aldi apples as cordons at my allotment and fans on my house fence. I fancy a go at 'step overs' along the path edge and at the price they sell them its worth a bit of experimentation!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I bought Spartan & Discovery today! No sign of Braeburn ! Kept staring at the cherry trees... have a fair bit of fruit space at the top of the allotment now I have it all planned out... Pulling the trees through the packed store was an experience in itself!

Comment

I nipped into town today and picked up a Morello cherry and a Victoria plum, both listed as self fertile on the label

Thanks for the suggestion of popping in to see if they had any, 4 almost full crates with a good selection at the local store today.

Comment

Walking out of the Tax avOiding SupErmarCet yesterday (it was late, we needed a few supplies) and I smugly noted that they were selling very similar trees in their flower section for £8

Comment

I got a james grieve I think with lots of buds. They listed just 3 varieties it pollinated with on the label, but many more listed online when I googled. I'm going to try lidl on Thursday to find a tree to pollinate it with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X