Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gardening TV programmes starting in January 2015.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked allotment challenge...but I didn't really expect advice from it, perhaps that's why?

Anyway, what I find interesting is that we all seem to love beechgrove!
    You would think, would you not, that a format so universally liked among gardeners would be replicated but no, we get repeats of rubbish instead.
    The mind boggles.
    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
      Anyway, what I find interesting is that we all seem to love beechgrove!
      You would think, would you not, that a format so universally liked among gardeners would be replicated
      Maybe we are not their average viewer profile?
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I liked allotment challenge...but I didn't really expect advice from it, perhaps that's why?
        I expected it to show challenges faced on allotments and it didn't which was why I was disappointed. My challenges are with the weather, ground conditions, weeds, pests etc, these things were barely mentioned. Th inconsistencies were terrible, if the plots were a blank canvas where on earth did the mature fruit come from? I Know people called it the equivalent of bake off on the plot but for that to be the case Mary and Oaul would have to start supplying ready made pastry and cake mixes.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Sorry, just a couple of amendements

January 2 at 9pm on BBC Two, The Big Allotment Challenge starts a second series
          January 2 at 8pm on Sky 1, Show Me Your Garden, a six-part series
          January 5 (should be Jan. 6) at 7pm on BBC Two, the Great British Garden Revival is back, with a second 10-part series
          January 6 at 8pm on ITV1, Britain’s Best Gardens a new three-part series with Alan Titchmarsh.

Mon January 2 (should be Jan. 5) 9pm on BBC4, British Gardens in Time - Repeat, 4 parts including Great Dixter & Stowe etc.

Wed January 4 2:20pm on ITV,(couldn't find this one at all ) The Queen's Garden - Repeat (original over XMas), "Alan Titchmarsh - two programmes on the royal gardens at Buckingham Palace"

Comment

Its probably Wed January 7th ... but if so dunno how I found it either as the listing on sky.com only goes up to Tuesday 6th!

I did a search on itv.com for "The Queen's Garden" and got (don't laugh!!) :

ITV found 1 to 3 of 3 shows matching "The Queen's Garden" on all Satellite & Cable channels

and those there were:

Great British Garden Revival - Friday 9th January at 7:00pm on BBC2
            The Big Allotment Challenge - Friday 9th January at 9:00pm on BBC2
            Mike the Knight - Tomorrow at 3:35pm on Cbeebies

Comment

Does Mike the Knight do gardening now too?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                I expected it to show challenges faced on allotments and it didn't which was why I was disappointed. My challenges are with the weather, ground conditions, weeds, pests etc, these things were barely mentioned. Th inconsistencies were terrible, if the plots were a blank canvas where on earth did the mature fruit come from? I Know people called it the equivalent of bake off on the plot but for that to be the case Mary and Oaul would have to start supplying ready made pastry and cake mixes.
                Yeah, fair point well made

Who is knight Mike?
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Who is knight Mike?
                  Mike the Knight - Tomorrow at 3:35pm on Cbeebies

Time for a date with Cbeebies tomorrow (or is that today?)

Comment

I didn't know he was a Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
                      Now you've totally lost me, I'm aware of his work as my god son likes him but........

Comment

Now you've totally lost me, I'm aware of his work as my god son likes him but........
                        Sorry, too cryptic. My original search, which brought up Mike the Knight as a result, was "The Queen's Garden"
                        Last edited by Kristen; 01-01-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Sorry, too cryptic. My original search, which brought up Mike the Knight as a result, was "The Queen's Garden"
                          Of course - was too early for me on that one

Comment

Is anyone watching the allotment challenge tonight?
                            Carrie

Comment

I've set it to record as OH will want to watch the other side. Also has the advantage of being able to fast forward and rubbish bits. (Or replay any little gems...)

Comment

I'll naturally be watching the darts, but will catch up with the gardening programme once it's finished.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X