No announcement yet.

The wrappers in Quality Street

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even I remember those ^^^ You could buy a packet of 5 in the school sweet shop and hang around on the street corner, having a drag. Had to give up "smoking" after the 11+ 'cos the school was too far from the sweetshop

Comment

I have a poem somewhere called, "Remeber When"... shall i find it and post it up?
      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        Do you remember candy cigarettes, them were the days. puffing on a bit of sugary goodness.
        Sugar and substitute smoking! You couldn't do that now, tobacco and sugar the 2 greatest Devil substances known to man!

Spangles, there's a blast from the past, they had apple flavour ones

Comment

Polo's now there's a con, make you pay for the hole they do.
          Ahhhhh, Polo the sweet with the less fattening centre

*Coat on & leaving the room >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
          Last edited by bearded bloke; 27-12-2014, 05:13 PM.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
            Sugar and substitute smoking! You couldn't do that now, tobacco and sugar the 2 greatest Devil substances known to man
            You can still buy them, they're not that accurate (don't think they ever were that realistic, remember them being thin) - Candy Sticks (Candy Cigarette) at oldestsweetshop.co.uk the best retro sweets online!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Do you remember candy cigarettes, them were the days. puffing on a bit of sugary goodness.

You could get chocolate ones an all but, they tasted nasty.
              My OH has a sweet tooth and one of the kids bought him a nostalgia pack of sweets...they got the candy cigarettes, bubbly bubble gum, fruit salads and space dust. I'm sure he's eaten half of them already
              Last edited by Scarlet; 28-12-2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I curse those choccy manufacturers, bring back the opal fruits and the marathon though I didn't like that much...! nuts and chocolate are food of the devil.

Peanuts and chocolate are definitely yuck. In fact I wish manufacturers wouldn't put them in virtually everything nutty. I like peanuts but not in anything sweet.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

Nuts and chocolate, in any form, are the best thing ever!
                  DottyR

Comment

How about popping candy? Its sometimes called different things but its the stuff when you put it on your tongue it gives a popping sensation.
                    Use to have a dog once that loved to eat the stuff.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I guess that's another newbie who won't return....................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

The OP's question was answered, more or less, in the 2nd post and expanded on in post 8.
                        I think the conclusion is we don't know what has happened but we wouldn't risk putting the wrappers in the compost.
                        Now, does anyone have any purple ones they don't want

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                          How about popping candy? Its sometimes called different things but its the stuff when you put it on your tongue it gives a popping sensation.
                          I have a box of it in front of me. A friend said she loved it but couldn't find any. I had some in a drawer as left over stock from a business.
                          Last edited by bearded bloke; 28-12-2014, 10:28 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary comment
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

Ooh, Quality Street. A friend of mine calls them 'Quantity Street.' Tee hee!

I like the blue coconut ones best. But then, I like anything nutty. Which is why I like you lot...
                            My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X