Yellow Stickers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Stickers

A thread for Hazel to show off her Yellow Stickers - or any other colour Stickers you find on a big, big bargain

Just came back from Little Morris's - that closes at 4 on a Sunday. Bought 41 items for £8.57! Even the lad on the checkout said it was a good time to shop .

Best bargain

I know I don't eat meat - but I know some dogs who do

Guess where I'll be next Sunday afternoon?
    Attached Files

You jammy b@gger! One year around Xmas I bought 40pots of double cream for 10p a pot. Felt very proud of myself when I told the cashier I was going to make butter...l nearly lost the will to live by pot 30, but I wrapped them all up in half pound blocks and froze the lot. Lasted for months!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Bought 41 items for £8.57!
      Looking at the till receipt, the total was £10.93 but there was a £2.36 deduction for Multisave. Goodness knows how that happened. I only bought one thing at full price.

Comment

Brilliant, just showed my OH and he asked why could I not be like that! Emmm...I don't know!
        sigpic

Comment

Son does the yellow sticker runs,he on about seeing if he can get a nice bit of pork or beef,or both for the christmas table,as nearer to the day,the shops will want rid of any surplus sell by,there is some vacant space in the freezer,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Not yellow stickers....
            But a friend of ours was given about 3 trays of mangoes Xmas Eve which she really didn't want
            Having a freezer chock full of stuff I spent Xmas eve making about 10 jars of mango chutney. Nope..didn't feel festive at all for me!

I did learn from that that....
            ...It's worth keeping a fair bit of space in the freezer for bargains..particularly useful for later in the year!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

And I thought I had done well....................

Attached Files
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

So when is the best time to grab these bargains?
                sigpic

Comment

Through the week between 7pm - 8pm...............Sunday around 3.30pm just before they close.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Must pay them a little visit around those times then, maybe pick up something for the freezer. thank you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Good luck Jay. They usually have selected areas/fridges for yellow stickers. Then again you do find stuff scattered amongst the normal stuff but you can't miss them............

Comment

Not a yellow sticker, but I got my 6ft beauty of a Christmas tree for a tenner from B&Q yesterday...saved me about £50.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                          So when is the best time to grab these bargains?
                          Before everyone else.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUIwAo8VSY
                          End of day - about an hour before they shut.
                          And during the day for reduced but not fab bargains.

Christmas eve was a scrum last time I went with people almost fighting over 19p HUGE tubs of coleslaw. I didn't bother getting any as tbh I couldn't eat a couple of kg of coleslaw at any point of the year let alone xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                            End of day - about an hour before they shut.
                            Hmmmm.............24hr store................

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Hmmmm.............24hr store................
                              Ask the staff.
                              It will be at various points during the day, but mostly evening fr the good reductions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X