No announcement yet.

Crazy weather!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday- wind, sun, rain, hailstones.Sunday- wind, drizzle, weak sun, hailstones.Monday- bright sunshine. Tuesday- absolutely chucked it down all day & then suddenly brightened up late afternoon. Today-cold, breezy,cloudy, sunny- I give up!
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Yesterday was dry but cold wind, today was dry with warm winds - forecast for snow over Easter weekend !!!
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Seem to be having four seasons in a day here in West Dumbartonshire. Glorious sunshine, rain, hail, sleet ,snow, wind. And thats everday. Doesn't seem to stop spring from happening. Everythings up as usual. A bit warmer so that we can enjoy it too would be lovely.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

JUst thinking, the weather has always been crazy. In 1985 we had just moved to this house and I bought my husband a greenhouse for his 40th birthday. It was May and he was out there in a jumper and jacket (usually he thinks a tee shirt is just fine whatever month it is) and it was so cold he could hardly hold the nuts and bolts to put the thing together. The weather didn't improve over the rest of the summer and the rainfall must have been a record. Hope never to see another years weather like that.
          Last edited by Alice; 12-04-2006, 09:40 PM.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat
            Yesterday was dry but cold wind, today was dry with warm winds - forecast for snow over Easter weekend !!!
            Oh spiffing .............
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson
              Oh spiffing .............
              I'll have to try and drop that one into a conversation tomorrow at work!

Wasn't it back mid 80's that we had the hurricanes Alice too?

Well. though today tipped it down by me, my hayfever still presues at full force..
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Was your last hurricane in the 1980s ???? !!!!

Our last one was in January
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Going back about 3-4 years ago now I was woken up in the middle of the night by my bed swaying. My initial reaction was that I was dreaming and as I hadn't been anywhere near the happy juice I knew that the dream would stop soon. Then after my 'dream' didn't stop I thought that I may have accidentally got drunk on happy juice without realising. Then I thought my housemates were swaying my bed as a practicle joke. Then my thoughts turned to ghosts. Then possibly to one of those pesky collapsing mine shafts in the road. Then eventually to earthquakes. At which point I struck gold as it was indeed an earthquake. I wouldn't have minded but I was in Manchester at the time!

I still chuckle at the way my half-asleep brain rationalised the events, I'm sure there is a psychologists report in there somewhere :-

**Bed Sways**
                  Brain presumes dream
                  Brain thinks drunk
                  Brain thinks practicle joke
                  Brain thinks ghosts
                  Brain thinks collapsing mineshaft
                  Brain figures earthquake
                  **Sal sleeps again having solved the dilema**

Anyway, yawn, yawn, this is all really not at all relevant to the original post but was maybe just more interesting that me telling you that its a bit cloudy but warm at 12.32am in Stockport. Sorry. Random tangent, maybe I should go to bed...
                  You can take the girl out of East Anglia but you can't take the East Anglian out of the girl. I can't afford the operation so my feet will always be webbed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X