No announcement yet.

How many members?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This forum is like sitting down the garden with your mates putting the world to rights.
    No matter what subject is started we often go off at a tangent and sometimes get a wee bit silly... But that's the joy of the vine.
    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

And yes...we can be very serious when needed!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        I agree that old "faces" is nice, I'm talking about people that joined a few years ago and never posted or visited again. A quick look at the members list shows that 40% of members have never posted and a great majority are only in single numbers. Not that there is anything the matter with this, just that we don't really have anything like the membership figures quoted .

Where are he monthly figures, can work out overall ones from the members list but not seen any stats.
        There will be stats somewhere as they are manna from heaven for the advertising guru's who thrive on them!

The seasons change and gardening is a seasonal thing so there will be seasonal stats also I imagine.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Alison..we have people who used to post years ago who still visit fairly regularly....you'd remember them well, but for some reason don't post!

Always puts a smile on my face when their names appear!
          Sometimes I pm them to say how do , and get lovely replies.

...and if any of you are reading this....hi there!
          Hi Nicos and everyone else.

I've had some problems over the last 2/3 years and haven't been on here very often.

Now I'm back and looking forward to the Christmas Pantomime
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
            Hi Nicos and everyone else.

I've had some problems over the last 2/3 years and haven't been on here very often.

Now I'm back and looking forward to the Christmas Pantomime
            Hope your problems are sorted

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

At a rough guess, I would say that there are maybe 50-100 really active members on the Vine at any one time - people come, people go, the Vine evolves - but somehow it remains a happy and helpful place to be.

The old timers amongst us will remember stalwarts of years gone by - of the top of my head, Sewer Rat, Lesley Jay, AndrewO, Jaxom, SmallBluePlanet, Nick the Grief, JennieAtkinson, Alice, Nog, Supersprout (RIP); then more recent stalwarts who aren't here so often now for one reason or another - Zaz, Piskieinboots, Pigletwillie, Sarz, Julesapple, Seahorse, Linda66.

All these have made this place what it is - and long may it continue with the current 'crop' and all future grapes.

Honourable mention to Nicos and Snadger who have been constant throughout.......

Comment

Yey!...good 'old Snadge me ol' pal

...and don't forget Alison!
                Last edited by Nicos; 27-10-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Apologies to Alison (and any other old hands ) - I did say it was off the top of my head. After I posted, I also realised how much of an influence that Flummery has been, and Beefy too.

Comment

Yup!

I find it strange when I check out the birthdays.
                    I think ..oh good it's so n so's birthday today...then notice they've not posted for maybe 3 years or more!

Sad really, but lovely to think how people touch your life in such a nice way ...even for a brief period.

It's still enjoyable reading old posts and having a chuckle ...or following their advice isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      At a rough guess, I would say that there are maybe 50-100 really active members on the Vine at any one time - people come, people go, the Vine evolves - but somehow it remains a happy and helpful place to be.
                      What has its own charm is that even after they go, some of them do come back . Myself, I come and go like the wind. Sometimes too busy, sometimes can't get enthused but then the mojo comes back and I'm in the swing again. It's that kin of home from home

Comment

I think AP is getting warmed up for this years session

Gonna have to wait a while though, the landlady is a bit busy at the moment

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I seem to recall this is the true GR...but it's real name is hidden for reasons of privacy!...don't really want non members dropping in during our festive season do we??

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

The old timers amongst us will remember stalwarts of years gone by - of the top of my head, Sewer Rat, Lesley Jay, AndrewO, Jaxom, SmallBluePlanet, Nick the Grief, JennieAtkinson, Alice, Nog, Supersprout (RIP); then more recent stalwarts who aren't here so often now for one reason or another - Zaz, Piskieinboots, Pigletwillie, Sarz, Julesapple, Seahorse, Linda66.

All these have made this place what it is - and long may it continue with the current 'crop' and all future grapes.

Honourable mention to Nicos and Snadger who have been constant throughout.......
                            I was thinking about NTG and Piglet the other day, wondering what had happened to them. I myself have flitted in and out between back operations but something always pulls me back.
                            Bex

Comment

How many nutters have we got VC?
                              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

62 Certified Nutters but I'm sure there are lots more who should be admitted

New Member Nutters always welcome
                                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s%27+club.html
                                Join now - there's no membership fee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X