Clear All

(Sings) 'If you go down to the woods today, better go in disguise....'
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

I checked. It's fine.

Comment

Great news Philthy !

I have found it quicker to use black plastic bags with holes in the base and the tops knotted/ folded over, and then stacked.
        The leaves need to bet wet before you seal the bag though so if they aren't, give them a thorough watering first.

We tried storing them in pallet bins ike our compost bins , and wire mesh bins , but they took more than 2 years.
        The black bag system worked much better for me although I'm having second thoughts about the environmental fact of using a plastic bag these days.

I wonder how long a biodegradable one would last stored in the shade?

BBC - Gardening - Gardening Guides - Techniques - Making leaf mould

How to make leaf mould
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks for that, Nicos.

Good information

Comment

The old boys on our site spread the leaves over beds then dig them in later, I was thinking of doing that too. Any advice as to whether it's a good or bad idea?
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not tried it myself, but I would imagine the worms would do a good job of 'pulling some of it down' into the soil below!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                The old boys on our site spread the leaves over beds then dig them in later, I was thinking of doing that too. Any advice as to whether it's a good or bad idea?
                That's what I have done, we shall see.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Just to add - it's become a bit of a weekend ritual for my 6 year old boy and me.

Both Saturdays and Sundays are started off by collecting 4 bin bags of leaves from the park across the road.

The bags do seem to be getting incredibly heavier though, trying to carry them up to the allotment.
                  .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X