Free Greenhouse anyone.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    You probably do, just they haven't told you Worth asking on Freecycle perhaps?
    Looked on line and it doesn't seem to have much on at all with hardly anyone on it or using it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
      How big are the glass panels?
      If it's an 8x6 then your longest length will be 8ft (roof, gutters & base). The glass is usually 2ft wide by various depths. If you can find an 8ft peice of timber, fold the rear & front passenger seat down & see if it will fit.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

How big are the glass panels?
        Panels are standard 2ft x 2ft

Comment

Thanks, I'd like to have it if that is okay with you. I'd just have to speak to my dad first.
          Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
            Blimey! That's like folk moving house to be in the right catchment for a school for their kids - allotment waiting lists too long locally were they?

Good luck with the move, and a monster new greenhouse
            Neighborhood turned to poop, so did school for youngest kid.
            Move to Cleethorpes has my son in a top school ( His opinion )
            Zero waiting list for any sized allotment, but expensive at £100 for standard plot
            Monster greenhouse will have his own thread soon.

Comment

Thanks, I'd like to have it if that is okay with you. I'd just have to speak to my dad first.
              The greenhouse is now claimed by Cariann88
              If you change your mind, let me know as soon as possible. I can re-offer to other members.
              I will take a few pictures, and post on here to give you an idea of size, and work involved.

Comment

Okay thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                Carrie

Comment

Cariann - if all else fails hire a van for the day.

Philplot - surprised the allotments around here don't have a waiting list, might have to take a look myself.
                  The cats' valet.

Comment

Originally posted by Philplot View Post
                    Monster greenhouse will have his own thread soon.
                    Wow! THAT big?!!

All joking apart ... I keep toying with buying a 2nd hand commercial greenhouse and completely covering my plot, it would be fabulous to have the whole vegetable garden "indoors". Such greenhouses come up quite frequently on eBay for not much money (well, relatively speaking ), but the effort involved in de-construction and re-erection is significant of course. A Polytunnel would be a lot easier for that project ...

... but there appears to be a ban on me starting any more major projects at this moment in time [KillJoy !!]

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                    Looked on line and it doesn't seem to have much on at all with hardly anyone on it or using it.
                    Worth just sticking an "Ask" up there, there may be lurkers with an unused & unloved greenhouse who haven't got around to actually advertising it.

But, yeah, I find Freecycle very hit & miss, and the amount of stuff to trawl through waiting for something that suits me doesn't seem worthwhile ... but asking costs very little time
                    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbody View Post
                      Cariann - if all else fails hire a van for the day.

Philplot - surprised the allotments around here don't have a waiting list, might have to take a look myself.
                      Take a look at Carr Lane allotments in Cleethorpes. At least 50 + plots available with no waiting list.
                      Get one this week, and nothing to pay until January 2015

I have got to know a few of the potters on there.
                      Not by going over and chatting. They come over to me, and hand out tons of free advice.
                      Some holders have little niggles, and complaints about other holders, and some just love everyone else.
                      Young ones think they know it all, and say the old timers are doing it all wrong
                      Old timers think they know it all, and say the young ones are doing it all wrong
                      Just like a soap opera on TV.
                      Wish I could film it all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X