No announcement yet.

Ever written a book?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought you might find this interesting Marvellous Memories | Features | The Irish News
    I read it yesterday in our local paper and thought of you Greenleaves!

Comment

I'm writing a childrens book at the moment.

Its aimed at age 9-11, and is all about the transition to big school, but in a funny cartoony sort of way.

I'm writing about 1/2 a chapter an evening at the moment, as my daughter is very keen to get the next instalment. It's quite handy to have a target audience and to test it on them I think, as at least that way you find out if they understand your phrasing.

I like drawing so its illustrated to boot, I'm not writing it with the intention of publishing though, but I listened to something on the radio the other day about crowd funding. You create a small video and basically get potential interested parties to advance pay for copies etc.

This seems to be a slightly better move than forking out hard earned cash to get a project off the ground that might not be commercially viable.

As far as memoirs goes, I think that's a great idea I would love to know some of the more eccentric backstories of my family.
      Last edited by Mikey; 05-11-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: My Publisher checked it. :)
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

You can self publish easily and for free at kindle.

Comment

I've got a few chapters on a stick called "All about Me, For You" for my grandchildren. I just add to it randomly when I feel like it. I'm sure they'll find it funny, but at least the family history will be there for them after I've gone.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I haven't written a book per se, but probably enough for a book and it's not about me. I write fan fiction, with a group of other 'trek fans. Been writing one central character and her extended family for just over a decade. Wonderful experience, just crafting story lines
            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

I've written a book. It's a reference book on an obscure topic, but it's used by major auction houses to cite from.

It's a very rewarding thing to have done. And it's a tick off the old bucket list.

Comment

My father is currently serialising a historical fiction centred around Magna Carta on his blog. Anyone into that sort of thing?

Comment

A couple of months ago my grandaughter came home from school with a list of questions her teacher suggested the children should ask their grand parents.
                  I was amazed at how much interest she showed and thought it was a great way to get the kids thinking about life before technology.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

That sounds like such a great idea. I've been toying with the idea of writing a book for dog owners. Sounds boring I know but I am an animal behaviourist and love my job. I hate the books out there today offering little good advice and skirting over actually issues owners want addressed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X