No announcement yet.

Gardening clothes..what are they?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the OH decides is for the plot, normally something I buy that she does not like.

I have a few baggy jumpers I like for the colder months

Comment

I have 'scruffs' - old ripped jeans, T shirts with stains on, bobbly jumpers etc that I wear to the plot. Old walking boots that are so filthy that they are beyond cleaning. My neighbour told me a couple of weeks ago on my return home from the allotment - "Sue, you look like a bl**dy navvy!" He was gobsmacked when I gave him a big grin and thanked him for the compliment. None of this floating around in long dress, with a picture hat, and a handwoven designer trug doing a little light deadheading. NO! Digging, that is what is required.
      Last edited by susieq100; 16-08-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I have a beaten up pair of trainers, a tatty pair of jeans, but I have been known to go to the allotment in everyday jeans and my allotment coat. Thing is then my everyday jeans then become another pair of allotment jeans.
        My allotment coat is very special and tatty and has its own special mucky look. It even has its own coat hook in the cupboard. I sometimes forget what I am wearing when I go and pick my daughter up from school. I have some very strange looks from the other parents. Some of them even give me a wide berth. Not that I'm bothered.
        sigpic

Comment

I garden in my pyjamas !

Comment

I have a particular pair of trousers that I wear when I go to the Hill which are a bit cropped (i.e. 'short fit') so that I don't tread on the hem, and they are drawstring top so they stay where they are! I'm always pulling up my 'normal' jeans (which drives me mad) - I can't stand wearing a belt, so they keep dropping down to my hips.

I don't have special shoes/boots, just my regular ones - I have chipping paths and 4' wide beds, so I'm not treading on soil in any event. But I'm always brushing past the raspberries, or holding a load of produce in my arms so my top gets mucky.

But sometimes I run to the plot, if I'm just doing some weeding or digging (not at this time of the year as there is always stuff to bring home), so then I'm in running shoes, shorts & T.

And if I get to the Hill and find that the stables have dropped off a load of muck in bags, they need hefting into the big skip and emptying out; which is a warm if not particularly fragrant job, as you have to get into the skip and stand on the existing heap. On these occasions , when I get home, I strip on the back door step and streak nekked upstairs to run a bath!
            Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-08-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

In theory I have allotment clothes but it doesn't always work out that way. The worst time was when going to a birthday party in my best summer dress. The birthday girl, my sister, rang an hour before to ask if I had any strawberries as she'd forgotten to buy some. I called at the allotment on the way to the party. I decided to take her a few other bits too. By the time I had finished she had a bag full of produce and a muddy guest with a rip in her skirt (blackberry bush)

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                I can't stand wearing a belt, so they keep dropping down to my hips -
                so then I'm in running shoes, shorts & T -, I strip on the back door step and streak nekked upstairs to run a bath!

Now there's a thought for a Sunday morning......

Comment

What ever I am wearing at the time.
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I used to have clothes for gardening in. Now I have gardening clothes I wear all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                      Now there's a thought for a Sunday morning......
                      Well the OP did ask!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X