No announcement yet.

How many 'Geordies' are on the vine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MR LD is a born geordie,from Wheatly Hill Durham,the family moved here when he was 13,or i would not have met him
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      MR LD is a born geordie,from Wheatly Hill Durham,the family moved here when he was 13,or i would not have met him
      sacriledge. my Oh says he is a man of durham, a geordie is from tyneside

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

If ya can relate to this then ya in me club regardless of where ya live or were born

Newcastle sayings updated: The top 56 things that you'll only hear a Geordie say - a guide to Geordie sayings - Chronicle Live

Or this

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...e-when-6477375

Love it
        Last edited by Moopmoop; 13-08-2014, 08:12 PM.
        Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Yay! I'm in the only In Crowd that matters!
          "Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage" Anais Nin.

"Or according to the size of your polytunnell" Judy Elliott

Comment

Another Geordie here. Born in Newcastle, lived in London for 20 years and moved back up about 3 months after getting an allotment which I had waited 5 years for. Just enough time to dig out all the polyester carpet that were a couple of inches under the soil (shows how long they were down)

Currently have a private allotment in West end of Newcastle and learning how to grow.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Welcome marra. A grow in me back yard and thoroughly enjoy it. There aren't many hobbies that are as good for you as growing your own. I love the fresh air, exercise and the healthy diet that goes with it. There's no added sugar, saturated fat etc in tomatoes, courgettes and so on but boy they taste good.
              Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

I'm glad that a family friend was about to give up their allotment when I moved up so I was able to take that over. Being on the dole having it has helped me retain my sanity (forget comparing them to gyms, they're better for you than a shrink ).

Despite

1 - having poor harvests,
                2 - having to dig in stoney ground (what size does it stop being a stone and become a boulder,),
                3 - heavy clay
                4 - and being burgled three time (having all my tools, stuff for the garden as well as veg nicked)

I think

1 - Woo Hoo - I've grown and eaten my own stuff. OK the tomatoes got blight so I now have jars of green tomato jam, chutney and relish (there is a lot of added sugar in these though). The soil is richer now than it was at the start of the year so I know it (and therefore my harvest) will improve year after year.
                2 - those stones should be helping with drainage. I can always build a rockery and use the smaller ones to cover my paths. Not so good for root veg but I'm building a small raised bed to grow them in next year. Also plan of riddling one bed a year so in another 6 years all my beds will be stone free and full of organic matter.
                3 - I don't have to water and feed so often as the clay sucks it in and hold onto it. Making lots of compost to help with this so in the end I will hopefully be an ace compost maker.
                4 - Now bringing every thing in and out each visit. As for the veg well cabbage and potato they recognise, lets see how well they do with tatsoi and dahlia roots

So it's been an enjoyable first years allotmenteering.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X