• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Midge Ure had to start somewhere
    Do you remember what he did after Slik? The Rich Kids:

My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

Bonus point if you know who he was more famous as a few years later at christmad time .......

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Chickory Tip - Son of my father:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Best thing Rod the Mod ever did as a "session singer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFB6ia3TpY

Comment

Mungo Jerry - In the summertime:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Another recognisable intro:

Comment

Gotta be the worst dance intro EVER .........

Comment

It's a heartache

Last edited by bearded bloke; 10-08-2014, 09:54 PM. Reason: Made link "clickable"

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but I know so many of these songs - but what makes them Glam Rock I'm not trying to tangentalise here - just understand

Comment

Short but recognizable intro

Comment

A mix of rock and pop

Comment

I can't believe we've gone this far without this fella getting a mention:

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Pardon my ignorance, but I know so many of these songs - but what makes them Glam Rock I'm not trying to tangentalise here - just understand
                            It all started when Marc Bolan's girlfriend applied some make-up before he went on stage one night & grew from there,to eventually become all encompassing of the music of the period.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Glam rock was a period which strung from around 1971 to 1976 so basically most songs made in that time were classed as glam rock, there were exceptions such as Mowtown/Soul.

Comment

Glam rock lead into punk and punk to new wave....which was said to be started by Adam and the Ants

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X