No announcement yet.

Who eats "Meat and two veg"?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have a roast at all now. My mom and dad have one every Sunday but I find that roast dinners now settle very heavy.
    My OH and kids are fussy. Little boy loves peas and carrots will eat them morning, noon and night. Little girl is a fuss pot. Will eat mash and raw carrots quite happily but picks at anything else.
    OH doesn't like pasta or rice and wont eat anything salardy. Will eat spuds in any form though but brassicas don't get a looked at.
    But saying that all three will eat all types of fruit going. Kids love grapes and melons. They can get through a punnet of grapes in a day.
    So I think I am the only one who will eat any veg apart from chillies and red kidney beans.
    sigpic

Comment

I cook potatoes almost every day and roast potatoes on Sunday, but no meat because we are vegetarians.
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I don't eat meat as a rule - so for me it is two veg and two veg more! With pasta or rice or lentils. One of my favourite suppers is a baked potato with cheese on it and a big salad on the side.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I don't eat meat, sometimes fish, but mainly veg, and sometimes bean curd which I love. Rarely eat potatoes, usually pasta or rice in a one pot risotto or paella style dish, or with a stir fry. Sometimes I do home made pizza, which is far better than bought. Fish poached with herbs from the garden is lovely. Black beans are a treat, not home grown. I rarely eat pies and pastry. Small amounts of cheese.

Stewed rhubarb is lovely in the season, and oat cereal with soya milk and fresh berries when they are around.

When you eat fresh food, you notice how sweet and sickly commercial food is. I bought some Cauldron felafel, and it tasted sweet! Sugar was in the ingredients.

Comment

Hi ButternutSquash .

Just asking what's a bean curd and do you make it your self?
            sigpic

Comment

Its Tofu, NVG, made from soya beans. I've made it myself - basically you grind up soya beans, add water to make a "milk" and heat this up with an acid, like lemon juice, to curdle it (like making cheese). The curd is drained and compressed into a "cheese" which can be either soft (like cottage cheese) or firm enough for slicing (but not as firm as cheddar!)

Comment

Originally posted by Green Gerkin View Post
                I just love food generally. 😀
                Me too!!! .

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                  Hi ButternutSquash .

Just asking what's a bean curd and do you make it your self?
                  Yes, as said above tofu is another name for it. The best comes from Chinese supermarkets. They also sell a form in 1cm thick squares that is semi dried. It is very firm, harder than cheddar, and sometimes spiced. That is my favourite. But most people tend to dislike bean curd, and soya milk. I dislike milk!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Its Tofu, NVG, made from soya beans. I've made it myself - basically you grind up soya beans, add water to make a "milk" and heat this up with an acid, like lemon juice, to curdle it (like making cheese). The curd is drained and compressed into a "cheese" which can be either soft (like cottage cheese) or firm enough for slicing (but not as firm as cheddar!)
                    There is a lovely Nigerian food called something like maw maw, made from red beans, ground up, and processed somehow. I've only seen it in peoples home. I'm not sure if it is related to tofu.

Comment

We eat more spuds since we've started growing our own. I like to produce as much as I can of what we eat and I can't grow rice pasta

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

A huge rib of beef with plenty of fat on it, roast potatoes etc. Can there be any finer food.
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

^^^^^ Nope

I just love spuds, new, mashed, roasted, chipped or just plain boiled. I eat most veg with the exception of Asparagus. I like it but it doesn't like me
                          Last edited by Greenleaves; 08-08-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

So it looks like it's only me and a couple of other grapes who rarely/never eat spuds... at least I'm not completely alone!!!

Tea/dinner/supper*** last night was vegetable kebabs with houllami (no added salt!!!) and no meat. Last potato dish I had was a variation of Nigel Slater's black pudding supper two weeks ago!

*** delete as appropriate for your local dialect!!!
                            The proof of the growing is in the eating.
                            Leave Rotten Fruit.
                            Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
                            Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
                            Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post
                              So it looks like it's only me and a couple of other grapes who rarely/never eat spuds... at least I'm not completely alone!!!

Tea/dinner/supper*** last night was vegetable kebabs with houllami (no added salt!!!) and no meat. Last potato dish I had was a variation of Nigel Slater's black pudding supper two weeks ago!

*** delete as appropriate for your local dialect!!!
                              Definitely tea

We don't eat much meat either but use tatties in different ways. Had a lovely veggie curry the other night with our own onion, garlic, chilli, chard, potatoes, beans and one of the last jars of passata from last year. Only spices and rice from the store cupboard

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by teakdesk View Post
                                a traditional "meat and two veg" meal?
                                I'm veggie, but Himself loves meat. I never make MATV, it's always a stew, soup or curry which is filled with as much lotty veg as poss (he hates veg) esp. beans eg. kidney, butter.

I eat whatever's ready on the lotty, which at the mo is a salad of lettuce, nasturtium, beetroot, potato, chives, cuke, tomato, shelly beans, green beans with a little feta & a simple dressing
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X