No announcement yet.

Fish TV

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have just been down to close the kites up & noticed TubularTV had a signal. Very happy that both HydroTV's have now got pictures...........

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

It appears we are not the only ones who like a bit of Solar Power:

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Not wanting to bore you all but I managed to get a good signal from both TV's today.....................and that was without giving them food.

Attached Files

Comment

Blue Peter Fish TV

Rather than get the paint out, I thought I'd try the 1kea bag first, nowt to lose for 40p. It's quite strange really as it appears to be used mainly by the babies. As I can now reach the TV from the ponds edge, a magnetic cleaner is on its way for the front glass.

Attached Files

Comment

Just been thinking!

Is it the UV or IR which causes the algae to grow quickly?..I'm thinking IR??

Is there a product on the market you could paint on the glass- which is clear which would block those rays?

The blue bag is attractive- but doesn't show the fish off to their glittering best...just thought there might be an alternative option??
            (I'm just holding in mind roitelet's comment about green wine bottles still getting algae building up inside them)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When you suggested an ikea bag I thought (but didn't say) thats going to be very messy. However you made a superb job of it Mally. Hope it works.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Thanks Nic, It's UV rays that allow photosynthesis so if a barrier paint was to be used it would have to reflect the UV rays. Cheers Bill, I'm not holding my breathe as I think the double sided tape will break down but it gave me the effect I was after..........as to whether it helps reduce algae growth is another matter.

Comment

Just a quicky to run past you. As I expect either the glue to break down or the bag/tarp to fade over time, what are your thoughts on this product? My first reaction is that I only need 1m so quite cheap but more important is that it claims to block over 99% UV rays.

Luxico Clear Safety & Security Window Film (Anti Shatter Glass Protection) 76cm x 1 metre roll: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-03-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Just a thought BM, algae blooms (eutrophication) can also be caused by high nutrient levels. Although I believe this effects the water not the glass.

Comment

Cheers GL, yes I know there are several factors which can cause algae in the water. I don't have that problem, it's the sun/light on the glass that's the problem.

Comment

Just a quick update since the additions............how many fish can you get on TV?.....

Attached Files

Comment

Today I came across a manky old fish tank with a broken end pane, It measures 2'X1'x1'. I removed the broken end piece (this will remain open), cut a new 2'x1' piece to go on what would have been the lid. I'm now waiting for some aquarium sealant to arrive then I can fix the new pane. Once fixed and tested, it will sit on some bricks in the pond on its end giving me a 2ft tall Fish TV. I'll post some pics once in position & if I get a decent picture..............

This is how it will stand in the pond:

Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure that's not VC's old shower cubicle ?
                            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Even I am not that short
                              and who's borrowed my bubblewrap showerhat?

Comment

I would personally donate that to "Lumpster"

Would make a perfect glass lift "Willie Wonker" fashion from her new bed in her early hour of need! ..................
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X