No announcement yet.

This one's easy peasy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has got to be some sort of watering kit but lord knows what sort!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      so here's a pic that will give it away.
      Course it does.

*just wondering how many sarcastic smilies you can fit in one post*

Comment

My first thought was a pond filtration system to create clearer water for easier viewing of the fish in their penthouses......

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Clearing the blasted app signature.....

Test message.....
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Yep, you got it...........................Because the pond is fed from a stream, it brings in loads of sand & silt. One box is not enough to cope with it & I don't have power to run a pump so yes, I'm gonna try a triple filtration & see how it goes. I wanted clear boxes so I can see when the media needs cleaning.........Cheers.

Attached Files
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              GIANT slugs???

aaahhhhhh.....
              Have you seen the size of Yorkshire Slugs?
              Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

^^^^ WHAT????? ahhhhhhhhhh......

having said that- we do have humungous edible snails in our potager stuffing themselves on our vegetable/herb delicacies!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Brill idea BM!..it'll be interesting to see how well it works!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If I might make a suggestion, take the inlet pipe down into the bottom of the filter to ensure the water rises up the medium. A few years back I set one up for a mate using 50 gallon plastic cold water storage tanks for his fish breeding business the improvement when we lowered the inlet pipes was enormous.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Potty, the inlet is 68mm downpipe from the stream (which also has a round nylon pan scourer thingy inserted at the stream end) & is fed in the bottom of the first container. 1 to 2 & 2 to 3 are fed as overflow pipes from one to the other then finally into the pond........Your input is appreciated.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Yes it looked that way from the pic. We found that the tanks filled and then the following water just ran over the top of the filter medium with little cleaning effect until we lowered the inlets.

It was quite an interesting project at the time. My mate built a fresh water tropical breeding farm in his double garage so the filtration needed to be spot on. If I remember correctly 'and I will have to be careful as he reads the posts on this site' the last tank was full of something that looked like plastic hair curlers to give a large amount of surface area for nice bugs to grow.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Ah, I understand now. So I should have elbowed it down to the 2nd box then elbowed down to the 3rd...........Sugar.

Comment

Ingenious as ever BM, if you want some bindweed to help camouflage the boxes just let me know.....

Comment

Cheers Potty, you're a star!...........I've just found some plastic flexi-pipe, must be around 38mm as it's a real tight fit inside 40mm pipe. So I'm gonna "S" bend it inside the boxes from the existing inlets, down the tank & along the bottom. On top of the pipe is gonna be a holed seed tray with a notch cut out to take the pipe, the media can then go on top of the seed tray..............Thanks again.

Comment

No sooner did I find this than it was all over!!!! I am hurt. We need notification messages of such products.

Just wondering what happens in flash floods? (Ever the pessimist)
                                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X