Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wind blew some of my tomato plants over last night!
    DottyR

Comment

Mole has been shoving spuds out of the way and I didn't notice. Biggest Charlotte i've ever grown - all green. Who says moles don't do any real damage
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw the sun rise as I went to work yesterday.

That means that from next week I shall be going to work in the dark again.

Until next May.

Sigh.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

tomato blight already.
          The rest of the plants are yet to flower
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sub contractors.

How hard can it be to mess up when the instruction reads, 'please take two photos when you have finished, one from 3m and one from 10m away'.

Oh - and when the fact that only one photo has been taken in each instance is pointed out to the co-ordinator, I would have thought that it would not be too much to expect the word 'sorry'.

Comment

Sub contractors #2

When a glaring error in your work is pointed out on Tuesday, I should not have to chase on Wednesday and on Thursday to see if has been rectified.

And when we get to Thursday lunchtime - when you still have not confirmed the rectification - I find that you've all naffed off on your 'Summer Conference' and won't be in until tomorrow at 10am. With a hangover, no doubt.

Comment

Whilst we're on work related matters, I will be making a 170 mile round trip later to go to a 'do'.

I go every year, as I think I should make the effort (although I cannot think that it does the slightest bit it 'raise our profile'), however I cannot ever remember anyone's name, or who they work for, or have anything in common with except we work in the same industry.

They will all be getting more drunk as the evening goes on, and I will be looking at my watch to see when I can escape. I don't drink at work do's as if I did, I would risk being remembered as 'that girl who got drunk and danced on the table showing her knickers' - and that would not be a great career move.

Comment

People posting rants that make be giggle.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Spent all afternoon with a colleague sorting through photo files trying to whittle down 266 pics into about a dozen or so for printed and putting into a presentation pack.

We argued the merits of each, deleting the 'no' pics, leaving the 'maybe' pics where they are for further scrutiny, and right-click/drag-to-move the 'yes' pics out the way into a separate folder. We came to a consensus on them all, and I clicked in triumph on to the folder where we'd moved the 'yes' pics.

It's empty, but for the final 4 pics I'd moved across.

I'm quite computer savvy, but I can't find the damn things. I've searched on the file names through the whole drive, and even made sure I have 'show hidden files' ticked.

And I'll have to get on and do it again now whilst I can still remember which are the one we wanted.

What a waste of an afternoon.

Edit : Hazel,if you know the file extension (bmp,jpeg,etc) the go into search,tell it to search all files & folders,then from the drop down select all drives,then in the All or part of file name use *.(bmp,jpeg,etc),it will search for all files on all drives with the particular extension
                    Last edited by bearded bloke; 11-07-2014, 05:05 PM. Reason: Not chatting ;-)

Comment

Search by the file extension ie *.jpeg or *.gif

Rant to myself.... No chatting

Comment

Just casually bunging a load of hair removal cream in my armpits, coz I couldn't reach my razor, whilst sat in the tub. Totally forgetting I have a nasty rash (heat?/eczema?) in both armpits.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Rant at shoulder -stop hurting! I'm feeding you ibuprofen and stoicism. Get over it.

Comment

Dogs that think it is a good idea to dig up my one remaining alchemilla mollis and run off with the root to chew in a corner while I rescue what turned out to be just the leaves and flowers - grrrr.
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

My green waste bags have not been collected for a month.Everybody else in the village has had theirs collected.
                              I have bags because we are old and cannot push a bin to the gate!I'm told our bags were not collected because we have an assisted collection.I now have garden waste everywhere.We do compost a lot but there is a limit to this.There I've had my rant and feel a lot better.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Horse Flies!!! Got bitten on Thursday, now have a hand that looks like I'm wearing a boxing glove, and I can't even have a drink because I'm on antibiotics. Grrrrrr
                                Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X