Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thompson & Morgan. Your thoughts on their customer service.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tree is a plum variety.
    Not sure off the top of my head which to be exact.

I tried to speak to the supplier (T&M) initially because I was missing this particular tree.
    It took me ages to get through to them, until I gave them a poor review on the trusted reviews website.
    The only good part about the service was that the turn around in getting the tree was quite quick.
    It was just getting a response from them to begin with which was the problem.

And no. With regards to this current issue, I have not been touch thus far.
    I do intend on doing so but I need to do the finger nail test first to see what that yields.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I had the same problem with the potato bags back in March as the person who started this thread, so after intially writing to Lucy at GYO and benig told by her to take it up directly with T&M, here's the text of my reply back to Lucy after making enquries with T&M.

As a rule I find T&M quite reliable, all the plants order for the garden this year have turned up on time and been in good condition. If they're struggling with loads of orders, I'd gladly go and work for them as I could bike to their HQ in about 15 mins!

" It seems they intended to send out the bags and tubers in June. As I live in south west Ipswich and it would take me no more than 5 minutes to drive to their premises, I offered to go and pick my own up right now, but the tubers are apparently in Lincolnshire!

I explained to the person I spoke to that receiving tubers in June was not ideal as we need to "chit" them prior to planting (for instance, my earlies and maincrops have been chitting for around 4 weeks now) and that my idea was to plant some of those already chitted seed potatoes in the bag immediately they arrived and place them in my polytunnel to get the earliest of early potatoes, using the T&M tubers a little later.

T&M told me their intention was that the kit should be used for people to have a crack at growing new potatoes for later in the year and maybe Christmas, which they say GYO did not make clear in the flysheet attached to the issue concerned.

As it happens, and whilst they think they don't have any particular need to apologise, T&M are going to send me 2 complimentary potato bags in the next week or so, so I can use them in my polytunnel as intended, and are keeping my existing order open so I receive the tubers in June and can try Christmas potatoes, again probably in the polytunnel.

So assuming T&M are good to their word and the extra bags arrive, I'll be happy with the outcome of my enquiry, and whilst I don't want to prompt a round of "he said, she said" between GYO and T&M, it looks like there may have been a few crossed wires somewhere."
      Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

It's good that you had received a good service Vince.
        It's just that so far all of my orders, bar the seeds I've had from them in the past, have been quite poor.
        I know that my own personal experience is not indicative of everyone who shops with them but when it's own customer services, whom for me have also been virtually non-existent until I put a poor review on the Trusted Reviews website, then lessons should be learnt.

Anyway,
        I have taken a picture of the tree which has shown no growth.
        In this picture I have scraped down a small portion of the main stem which revealed brown wood.
        Because of this, I chose a second area and cut down 3 layers deep on the same spot.
        This thin is definitely dead.

I will be getting in touch with T&M to see what can be done to rectify the issue.
        In the meantime, here is a couple of pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
        Last edited by Chomerly; 30-08-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X