No announcement yet.

musical???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play guitar, bass and ukulele, have dabbled with drums (including Djembe), keyboard and even played a little Gamelan at uni. Have played a few gigs, mostly either as a bass player or singing/acoustic guitar

At one point I had way too many instruments, totalling about 12 plus a drum kit and keyboard... have cut back down to two basses, three guitars (electric, acoustic and acoustic 12-string) and my uke

Comment

Originally posted by KarlB924 View Post
      Play guitar, bass and ukulele, have dabbled with drums (including Djembe), keyboard and even played a little Gamelan at uni. Have played a few gigs, mostly either as a bass player or singing/acoustic guitar

At one point I had way too many instruments, totalling about 12 plus a drum kit and keyboard... have cut back down to two basses, three guitars (electric, acoustic and acoustic 12-string) and my uke
      Currently own three acoustic two electric guitars one guitelle one uke one drum kit electric bass upright electric bass cello two melodica one Sally Army missionary pump organ, two Reed organs a piano an accordion various percussion an appalation dulcimer a zither a buscuit tin stick dulcimer and a cigar box guitar ...... As I said my other half goes spare

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Hahah go go collectors.. i had 11 guitars at one point but now.......i thoight i only had three but iv got one under my bed and one behing the sofa..if any of you guys could guide me on how to do a total rewire on a guitar with three seymour duncan humbuckers i would appreciate it..i picked a guitar up from a car boot for 20 euros..no brand on it as it had been sanded and painted...but it had 3 double hand wound duncans in it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Played the piano to a high standard many years ago and even the church organ for a short while.When college/ work got in the way sung in various choirs to keep the interest going in music.now I just embarrass my children in school assemblies by singing far too loudly!
          Got a daughter and son who both play the flute.Thats a complete mystery to me except helping them to read the music.
          Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Originally posted by bretty666 View Post
            My son wanted to learn the drums andy but im not happy about the choice..he could have it as a 2nd instrument but not as a first as drums are...dead end?? If you play guitar you can pick up any stringed instrument after if you get bored..if you play dax then you could easily transfer to another wind.but drums are just drums...theres not mch else you can transfer to.and drums are always more pleasure to play as part of a band or at least with a bassist but flute.sax.piano.guitar....you can jam away on your own...
            I'm gonna disagree with you there!!! There is more to percussion than just playing the drum kit, they are the first step into percussion. My son who plays the drums wanted to go to see Dame Evelyn Glennie, the deaf solo percussionist. We went as a family several weeks ago. I was totally gobsmacked! She was just fantastic, she made the snare drum on its own come alive and on the xylophone she was amazing!

Comment

Ill take a look

Comment

She took the lead role in the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics.

Comment

I played the triangle at school, all they would trust me with

Comment

I write songs as a therapy for myself. Next step is to play them live. Collaborating with a friend in Wales who also gardens so we get together once a year to write and record.
                    P

Comment

Don't get me started on music gear
                      23 guitars
                      6 synths
                      6 drum machines
                      1 piano
                      Goodness knows how much software, outboard ... I know my Mrs doesn't read this forum...
                      P

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X