Wake Up...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    My Dad used to put records on the wrong speed that soon got me out of bed, nothing sounded worse than your favourite song being played at 78 instead of 45 rpm.
    That'll go over a lot of the young 'uns heads Bren..........What's a 45, What's a 78..........
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-04-2014, 05:50 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

My Dad came in once with a freezing cold wet face flannel, shoved it under the end of my Duvet and rubbed it over my feet.

I got a rollicking for my language that morning!

It'll be easier when you're older - you need less sleep. What a lot of rollicks - I can still sleep for England, and I'm 51!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        That'll go over a lot of the young 'uns heads Bren..........What's a 45, What's a 78..........
        I know what they are - its MP5s that have got me puzzled at the moment.
        Bex, did they help when you finally got them to the allotment?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Bit like when I had to explain to our 12 year old grandson what a cassette tape was and that you couldn't choose which track to play.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Previous occupant had a 2 metre by 2 metre bed and put a double layer of weed suppressant fabric 12 inches under the soil, this was held down round the edges by buried bricks (not sure of the purpose). My dad and my eldest have dug out all the bricks and fabric, I stood supervising.

Mod can you please move I've put on wrong thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-04-2014, 09:44 PM. Reason: Is this where you wanted it?
            Bex

Comment

They did help when they finally got up. Most of the allotment is dug apart from a strip up the middle that we use for a path at the mo. I might just put a thick layer of woodchip on it and leave it as a path.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
              Bex

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I know what they are - its MP5s that have got me puzzled at the moment.
                Bex, did they help when you finally got them to the allotment?
                As far as I'm aware an MP5 is a submachine gun VC? pray tell why you need one?
                Last edited by Mikey; 15-04-2014, 03:35 PM.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  It's probably best not to know, Mikey.

Just step away quietly with your hands held out by your sides and don't make any quick movements.

Andy
                  http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                    It's probably best not to know, Mikey.

Just step away quietly with your hands held out by your sides and don't make any quick movements.

Andy
                    I don't need one, Mikey - I only need things I understand - which limits my choices severely.

Now just step away, leaving your wallet on the table, at least I think that what Andy means

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X