X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
    I hear that member of the month is ceasing soon
    And it will be replaced with mod of the month no one will know the difference as it will still be called MoM once the selected MoM is chosen they will receive wine made from participating grapes on the vine.

Not sure if that's true I'm sure VC will clear this up for us.......
    Ah, thanks for that. Wondered what on earth you lot were on about with this MoM business.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      Winer of the Month .... Hmmmmmmm,best make the rant thread EXTREMELY sticky then
      Thats Winer, not Whiner or Whinger

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Hmmmmmmmmmmm................I like the thought of Wine of the Month (WoM) which would be awarded to the WoMan of the Month
        Yeah, I'd go with this suggestion. Very good idea.
        DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          I enjoyed being a mom, I found it gave me a certain glow, unfortunately it also gave me an incredible urge to eat cream eggs....
          Me too, except for the cream eggs bit...
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Controversial maybe but I actually think it is quite rude to refuse after all the work put in by our mod team and others.

Potty
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I see your point Potty, but conversely I'd feel bad getting an award when it's others that are putting all the effort in and shouldering all the responsibility

Comment

We are all on this forum because it is our hobby / pastime and there is no obligation whatsoever on any of us to do anything we would prefer not do. If someone does not want to be MOM that should be fine.
                Last edited by Bill HH; 10-04-2014, 09:29 AM.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by AllInContainers View Post
                  I see your point Potty, but conversely I'd feel bad getting an award when it's others that are putting all the effort in and shouldering all the responsibility
                  As I see it,posting pictures of a garden that needed rearranging to be fit for purpose,drawing a plan of intended improvements,posting pictures of the revised layout,asking questions,answering others questions,that's ALL effort,effort that you have put in,well done & carry on please without peeps like you doing stuff like that there would be no forum.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                    We are all on this forum because it is our hobby / pastime and there is no obligation whatsoever on any of us to do anything we would prefer not do. If someone does not want to be MOM that should be fine.
                    Spot on Bill As posted earlier in the thread,IF it ever happens again the next member on the list will be brought forward a month

Comment

I'm quite surprised at the interest/hooha/rumpus (call it what you will) this has invoked. I feel a bit sorry for the person in question who is probably a bit embarrassed and bemused now. Perhaps they originally thought they were being a bit magnanimous in refusing.

I hope it doesn't put them off posting to help others.

For the record, I accept everything except a slap in the kisser.

Comment

Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
                        Perhaps they originally thought they were being a bit magnanimous in refusing.
                        I have no idea GG & will not try to "second guess",we just accept the decision & are trying to get back to normal,what ever that is

Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
                        I hope it doesn't put them off posting to help others.

As do we all GG,member has been on & posted since so fingers crossed
                        Last edited by bearded bloke; 10-04-2014, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Hmmmmmmmmmmm................I like the thought of Wine of the Month (WoM) which would be awarded to the WoMan of the Month
                          Perhaps we could have WoMbat of the month too, awarded to the.... well actually I think it speaks for itself......
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I don't know why people find it necessary to jump to conclusions, but clearly they do, so extremely reluctantly I am speaking-up :

I didn't turn MoM down, per se ... but it is correct that I am not interested in the accolade.

I got an email from a MOD entitled "Pssssst" with just a link to a thread (I found it "odd" that it didn't say "Well done" or somesuch, but maybe that is just me). The thread contained congratulation messages from other members etc. That is not my thing, so I did not post to that thread ...

Then there were comments, eventually one in large print, in other threads suggesting that I hadn't spotted the Badge, that I needed to respond in the thread, etc. - like I'm a blithering idiot and hadn't noticed?

So I replied in that thread something like "whilst I am sure and respect that others see it differently, I think that Member of the Month award is pointless". That thread was promptly closed for moderation and then removed; hopefully that won't happen this time too.

Then another thread was created http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1227676 explaining the situation (I found the title and tone insulting, but never mind that). It was presumably assumed I didn't want the want the award, wanted it removed, etc.

I was never asked, I never said.

I still don't see the point. Two_Sheds has been giving out sage advice and was awarded MoM nearly 5 years ago - nearly 30,000 posts later no further recognition?

Yet MoM is awarded month-in month-out ...

Here's a suggestion:

I think it extremely improbable that Newbies look through the list of past holders of MoM and memorise who has been on it.

I haven't troubled to look on this forum, but on other forums which I frequent there are members who have 10,000+ posts most of which were accrued in the Social Forums, rather than by answering gardening questions. So although the count of posts helps as an indicator of "worth", its not a metric in and of itself

So my suggestion would be to create a Badge that indicates that The Powers That Be consider the poster's opinions to be valuable; then newbies etc. would be able to put more credence in their comments. Award it at the gift of the Mods or whatever. Rescind it if the member goes off the boil ...

Either way, mark the occasion of 30,000 posts by two_shed ... but maybe check first if that is OK

Personally I don't care one way or the other, this is not my Gaff, and I'm happy that The Powers That Be do whatever they think. I am a "consumer" of information all over the internet, and the reason I am here is to try to give-back something as Gardening is an area where I have some knowledge that might be helpful to others.
                            K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post

Personally I don't care one way or the other, this is not my Gaff, and I'm happy that The Powers That Be do whatever they think.
                              Clearly you do care either way!
                              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                                Clearly you do care either way!
                                Yeah I care, why wouldn't I.

What I don't care about is what decision The Powers That Be choose to make. Which is what I thought I had written.
                                K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X