Reusing items on the allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reusing items on the allotment

I gotten so bad that every time I go to throw something away I always stop and go through a mental check of what I might be able to use it for... I keep jars, yoghurt pots, kitchen and paper rolls tubes, 2l. plastic bottles,... And, last for today, I reused the poppadoms trays as a cloches. I was wondering what other people reuse.

Attached Files
    http://savinglives.ahar.ie/

I bought some strawberries the other day,and they came in a plastic container, complete with a plastic lid, perfect propagator.

Later in year, use the plastic containers that fruit comes in, to collect home grown fruit .
    DottyR

Comment

Ice cream containers are useful to keep,cut the rim of the lid,then cut the center flat piece into strips for plant labels,for the main carton...with holes in a seed planter,with the lid,storage,stand a plant pot in for watering,use as a water transfer,or simply cut the hole lot up into plant labels,milk container the same sort of idea's,cut about and make a scoup,part bury it near plants to pour water nearer the roots,and many more things,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've had loads of ideas passed onto me in the past few days, I've really appreciated it.
        Today I kept by the mushroom container after using up the mushrooms for tonights dinner. I'll use it to sow some seeds in

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X