Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm all excited! I feel like Bobby Ball! My tick list is about done.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm all excited! I feel like Bobby Ball! My tick list is about done.

I should just first say that I'm really far too old to be feeling like a kid but I can't help it.

I've been planning bits and bobs for ages and reading everything I can find about polytunnels, irrigation, raised beds, growing things and every small linked thing imaginable. And hopefully by next weekend, it will all finally come together and I will be the very very very proud owner of an erected (cheap & green but perfectly formed ) polytunnel, complete with raised beds and some sort of automatic watering system.

I can't wait. I've already picked my gardening chair and the spot where the mutt will sit. I've planned my shelving, drawn my interior layout and even tried to work out how I can get electricity in there (but I fear I'm pushing things a bit too much with that one)!

Hubby is not in the least interested unfortunately so I'm sharing my excitement here. I know my small gardening efforts will pale in comparison to some of your huge and very lovely tunnels and greenhouses but I've never had a tunnel or greenhouse before so I'm all Bobby Ball-ish. I did think I was going to get a greenhouse in previous years but circumstances changed and it all fell by the wayside so I'm delighted to be able to get up and running now.

Rock on Tommy!

Good for you, enjoy being excited.
    DottyR

Comment

Very exciting stuff!

What will you be growing?

Comment

I'm jealous. Rock on. Dotty!
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

You are well and truly bitten, there is no hope for you now. Your future is mapped out, you will soon want another poly, and another hubby with a bigger garden. its good to see your entheusiasm it really is.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
            Very exciting stuff!

What will you be growing?
            Tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, peppers (although my last attempt at these failed miserably), spring onions, strawberries (lots of, hopefully) lettuce and anything else I can think of that will fit in.

I'm not sure about broccoli and cauliflower. I'd like to grow these successfully as we eat quite a lot of them but again my last attempt wasn't a success so those are still under consideration.

Comment

As your knowledge increases you will work out what grows best in your garden, you build up a list of things that you wont do again and concentrate on the things that did well. But sometimes thing go badly because of the weather or mistakes you made so its worth trying some things again. For years I have tried to grow a decent cauliflower and I am still trying. I planted some winter cauliflowers last year and they are just leafless stumps but I had one too many (Plants not whisky) so I put the odd one in the poly tunnel, its a fine plant and seems destined to provide me with my first yummy cauliflower.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Its a good feeling isn't it
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I'm excited for you Bobby.............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X