Look for your free pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look for your free pots

As title says,try your flower places for the free pots,some apparently charge,but our asda is keen to give them away,especially special times,VALENTINES,AND MOTHERING SUNDAY especially,the rose buckets are usually deeper than the the regular ones,ideal for such as cucumber plants,if you cut the bottom off any of them,they also make good bottomless pots,or to top the grow bags with for the toms,
    thought it would be good to remind peeps,especially the new peeps
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Pots.

I've still got a few of these from years ago.... certainly useful.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Just collected 20 buckets from Asd@ - great minds Lottie

Comment

Didn't know they did them - will check them out tomorrow.

Comment

I rang them this morning and was asked how many I wanted. I said lots, and the chap said "Give me a number?".
          That's really hard - didn't want to ask for too many and appear greedy nor ask for too few, so I said 20. "I can do 20 easily" he said so I wished I'd asked for more. 20 pots were waiting for me when I got there this evening
          I'll ask for more next time!!

Comment

i still got loads of them,they are so useful,waste bins,water shifters,fetch and carry things,also to measure garden ingredients with,just had an idea,will try one with lots of little holes,done with a fine drill bit to try as an alternative watering bucket,when needed,the tall rose pots if you cut the bottom of,say aprox 2inch,you got a bottomless pot and a tray to stand other pots in to water,another idea is with the bottom cut off,they serve as a little wind brake protection for earlier crops,you can twist them part into the soil for stability,

Come on now what other ideas can you come up with,

we ended up with over 100 in one go a few years back,they were only to glad to get rid of them,i also looked at what pots had what in and asked if they could be transfered to other half empt/full ones,just to get more hehehe,no asky,no getty.
            VC,you should have asked if there was any more,and feel no shame,
            Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-02-2014, 09:07 PM.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks for this advice, I went into my local Asda to asked about flower buckets, she asked how many I wanted and I said 20 and she came back with 30 and said if I wanted anymore just to ask. She seemed glad to get rid of them tbh.

I might go back around Mothers Day, us Yorkshire folk can't turn down a freebie

Comment

Yep, I texted the local supermarket owner yesterday to ask him to keep some for me....Not as big as your large supermarkets, but he usually has quite a few for me....
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

Well I'll be blowed.........Rang A5da this morning to be told they use their flower buckets as waste paper bins............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I just telephoned and got 20 yay they said they normally recycle them. Thanks for the heads up x

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Called to see my local supermarket man this morning to collect mine
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

mothers day they get to many to know what to do with,often the saturday PM yealds well,just turn up with a trolly,then you can get then to the car easier,please some of you have got some,but you just know,20 is not near enough

Comment

I rang them again this morning and they said they sent them back for re-use Should have asked for 100, not 20

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            I rang them again this morning and they said they sent them back for re-use Should have asked for 100, not 20
                            What do you use your buckets for?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

I grow all my chillies, peppers and my surplus toms, drill a few holes in the bottom first.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X