No announcement yet.

seed potato storage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew Rocket last year, and they were very good, my crop were the first to be harvested on Plot.

Not sure if you should be chatting them in the dark tho, I thought they had to be in a cool but light place.

Maybe someone else can confirm this
    DottyR

Comment

they are only in the dark, because I have not set them out to chit yet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        Not sure if you should be chatting them in the dark tho, I thought they had to be in a cool but light place.

Maybe someone else can confirm this
        I can confirm it If left in the dark any shoots that sprout will grow long and fragile, desperately searching for some light (in the same way as growing through the soil to get to the light). They tend to break off when you plant them, because they are fragile / brittle.

In good light the chits grow very little (provided that the temperature is low [but must not freeze])
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

[QUOTE=rustylady;1205043]Try egg trays Novice, stops them rolling about (unless of course the kids decide to take them out and play bowls with them).

Did that last year. Kids discovered that if you put the lids down they had some great musical instruments. Poor spuds got shaken, rattled and rolled about last year.
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X