Weather Mild or what.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Mild or what.

I know some people have suffered with the floods etc. But a rose in mid January.

Potty
    Attached Files
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

There's a new rosebud on the bush by my front door, and flower buds on the wallflowers too.

Comment

Isn't this what happened last year? And then the cold weather came and killed it all.

Comment

Think we're all expecting winter to kick in eventually, what a strange winter off the back of the latest spring I remember backed by a glorious summer. Rather strange I say wot
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Ive seen midges in the garden on a few days this week
          Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Roses here to,in fact they not stopped,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Luvly day here. Snowdrops and crocuses in flower, a couple of rose buds, daff buds showing, camellias and fuchsias, catkins.......positively spring-like

Comment

The French have a lovely expression: 'Noël au balcon, Pâques au tison' which basically means, 'Christmas on the patio, Easter in front of the fire'. Unfortunately like many old sayings it has a degree of truth.

What really worries me is the lush growth that so many shrubs and perennials have made which will be cruelly cut back if there is even a few degrees of frost for more than a day or two later on.

Like so many of you, I have fallen to the temptation of getting peppers going in pots, sowing lots of early crops under cover, and having to hold myself back from doing even more. As someone here said, we have seen this all before and it is almost certain that there will be a cold snap before long.

Alternatively we might have the earliest spring ever and the earliest crops. As gardeners we will always be optimists and gamble with that remote chance. At least we have had a wonderful January, and over here we have been very lucky not to have suffered flooding and strong winds.

Comment

December was the mildest, and the stormiest, for 2 decades
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Make hay when the sun shines!
                    Keep on trying...each failure is one step closer to a success.
                    — Thomas J. Vilord

Comment

So, is this 'Global Warming''........................finally? Or 'Climate Change'?

Also, January is usually a never ending month, but it seems to have gone faster this year. Possibly because it seems more pleasant.

If only it would stop bloomin' raining. More forecast for the morrow!
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Alpine strawberries on allotment are flowering.

Someone's got broad beans in flower.

Comment

My rhubarb is shooting, there is a bit of weed activity..we seem to have a couple of frosty nights then a run of 10c+ days.
                          My money is on Late Feb/Early March.. for the white stuff!
                          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

It has been mild here but I can't say anything is particularly early. Snowdrops have just shown green shoots and the daphne buds are just opening which is about right. But the rain... Trip to the garden centre today was like a rally adventure the roads are so flooded and damaged.

Comment

I have been glad of a mild winter so far - I am trying to house train this dog who was toileting indoors up until a month or so ago - so now it is easier to leave the back door open for her! She is really improving now, if the back door is ajar she usually knows to ask to go outside. I don't think I could have done this last year when winter started biting much earlier in the autumn, and I had the doors and windows shut and the heating on in the daytime! The damp and muddy paw prints I can cope with more or less, because I bought a steam mop!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X