This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    I'll own up and say I've not sown any seeds yet it just seems to cold to make a start. but I know I'll have to sow soon or I'll have nothing to eat
    Nor have I, Bren - although I do have potatoes chitting. I might be persuaded to get tomatoes and sweet peas sown soon though.

Right, time for bed. Is it only me who finds it all a bit of a rigmarole? Cursory tidy up, lights off, check doors locked, make cup of tea to take to bed , gather cats, get their supper, get diary & anything I want to read, check cat litter tray clean, wobble upstairs trying not to trip over cats, plank*, bathroom, bed.

*points for anyone who knows what this is, and can guess my time.

Comment

• I couldn't plank if I tried Hazel.
      The goodnight routine here is tricky - dog out, cat in, dog back in, into crate with biscuits to bribe - after replacing her bedding which she removes every morning along with a squeaky teddy and a small dish of water - close the dog flap which only the cat uses, telly off, lappy off, lights off, into hallway, open stairgate, upstairs, let cat in through bathroom window after she refused to come in the back door, feed cat, brush teeth etc, clear cat litter, wash hands and so to bed... with the baby alarm to listen to the dog in the crate. No wonder I forget to take my blood pressure meds!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• The Goodnight routine ?
        Put drops in both eyes of both dogs, give them a biscuit.
        Fritter away half an hour, probably on here .................
        Put drops in both eyes of both dogs, give them a biscuit.
        Put them out in the garden and hope they come back in through the dog flap dry.
        Turn off computer, lock up, give dogs their nighttime Big biscuit and rush out of kitchen while they're eating.
        Go to bathroom, throw clothes on bedroom floor and throw myself into bed. Head down and asleep within minutes

Time to do 2nd lot of drops..............

Comment

• Didn't happen, she got two questions wrong and you're out. Go again in a couple of weeks. She was down having to go back to school and tell everyone she didn't get it. We weren't going to go on the road just yet, but they have to have them for 12 months and do 120 hours so if you don't get the L's for a while you have longer at the other end.

She's off on an excursion tomorrow morning to sydney for two days (6am on the bus in town yaaaay) so she'll get over it.

Meeting to go to then hopefully someone has decided what we're having for dinner!
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Morning/Evening Feral, better luck to the lass next time. It's raining it's pouring but the old man is on chauffeuring duty. Hope you all have a pleasant day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning your daughter must be frustrated to be just 2 questions away from getting her 'Ls'

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Nor have I, Bren - although I do have potatoes chitting. I might be persuaded to get tomatoes and sweet peas sown soon though.

Right, time for bed. Is it only me who finds it all a bit of a rigmarole?

*points for anyone who knows what this is, and can guess my time.
              Hazel I've got potatoes chitting plus 4 overwintering chilli/sweet peppers then some puy lentils in the sprouter for salads. so I suppose I'm growing something

I plank part of my morning workout 2 lots of 30 seconds and I guess your time of something like 3 mins.

My evening routine is switch lights, PC or TV off then teeth, wee and bed.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-02-2014, 08:35 AM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Cats,dogs & larger mammals here
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Bedtime routine here is turn off Pc, call both dogs to go out but only one ever comes, Danny the Jack Russell always claims he doesnt need a pee, Take Rosie the springer out for her wee then have a wash and a wee then to bed taking care not to mix the last two jobs up. Off to sleep in seconds. This is the point when Danny decides he is desperate to go out for his pee. Bless.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Dark, wet, miserable! The weather I hasten to add, not me

Comment

• You have a Rosie the springer too Bill? How lovely
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        Cats,dogs & larger mammals here
                        Snap.

Comment

• Forget the various mammals mentioned earlier,SNER IZ ERE ,been going about 5 min's & the lawn is turning white
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• yups, we have it up here as well. Mind you, it's almost half way through February and we have had no more than a few frosts and a couple of scuffings of snow so far. I was going to say this winter but it hasn't been winter yet.

Comment

• Good day to all, hope all is well in your world.

After what was a lovely day here yesterday (well, not raining and I saw the sun) today is cold dull and wet. Not seen any snow at all this winter.

Have just filled some small pots ready for sowing some tomato seeds. I've put them into the heated propagators to warm up first. Didn't seem fair to put those tiny little seeds into a cold bed.
                              It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

• G'Moooooooornin' Peeps. Dull and wet here, but at least it isn't windy for once.

Plank, Hazel? I never progressed beyond the half plank (knees), but I did get up to two minutes by the end, thanks to the Pilates core-strengthening muscles. Good news is - we're starting again next week.

Night-time routine? Hmmmm. Hubby goes to bathroom, I wake Dogs up. Turn telly off. Wake Dogs up again. Turn lounge lights off. Hubby goes to bed. Shout at Dogs and drag them off the Sofa. Chase reluctant Dogs outside for a wee. Hubby calls for me to take him his mobile to put on charge. Do my ablutions. Tidy a space in the minuscule kitchen. Call Dogs in. Fill kettle, get cups out and put coffee/teabag in ready for morning (when I don't do this, is always the time we over-sleep the next day). Call Dogs in. Fill water filter jug. Call Dogs in, give Roxy a biccy.

Go in office and turn off Poota. Unplug printer (it has a tendency to 'restart' noisily if we have a power 'blip' and it wakes me) and turn off lights. Call Osc. Turn on outside lights, find boots and go out to yell at ruddy Dog, to find him laying happily in the middle of the back lawn watching the world go by. He shrugs, glares, frowns at me, then reluctantly gets up and comes in. Stops half in/half out so I can't shut door, won't move till he gets his biccy for coming in like a good boy!

By the time I get to bed, half an hour has passed, and Hubby is snoring like a pig!

Easy to see why I over-sleep innit?

Coffee?
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X