This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

not sure if the blue skies are are a deception of the weather to trick me into a false sense of security or not. Hope everyone is well and ready for a fun filled weekend

Comment

• I'm up. Just chilling out catching up on the Vine. Bit of a chilly looking day out there, cloudy as well. Going to have a mass pick and freeze of sweetcorn tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions on cooking from frozen, thawing and cooking or what. Any help would be great, these are my favourite crop this year.
      Having a lazy morning, got to make some more cards, the Charity shop keeps selling them!
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Hi Sally, I grow an abundance of sweetcorn too. I try not to freeze whole cobs apart from a few I chop into thirds for the bonfire night bbq. I just cut the kernels off and freeze in portion sized bags and either give them a quick zap in the microwave or steam to cook, but both methods from frozen
        Last edited by Greenleaves; 02-08-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Morning peeps..Hope everyone is all well.. its another soggy morning here right now...Just gonna put the kettle on anyone for a cuppa coffee..Have a great day ahead peeps

Comment

• I'll have coffee one sugar thanks Donald
            Carrie

Comment

• Mmmmmm not sure now, offered to take part in a 'River Medway' community clean up, this morning, will be really muddy, as we had some very heavy rain last night.

Suppose I'd best show willing.................... Find my wellies.
              DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                I'll have coffee one sugar thanks Donald

Good morning carrie...Here yeah go my friend

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                  Mmmmmm not sure now, offered to take part in a 'River Medway' community clean up, this morning, will be really muddy, as we had some very heavy rain last night.

Suppose I'd best show willing.................... Find my wellies.
                  That brought back fond memories as I grew up in Strood and worked at the Medway hosp for about 14 years. I always park up at the back of Strood station looking at the river when I am collecting my son to visit my mum.

Morning everyone, been up ages Honest!. always go straight out to the garden when I wake up don't even take a cup of tea, so eager to see if anything has changed from last night! (I'm not impatient, much)
                  Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Had a barbeque last night, my sister and her family came from Newbury to see our new grand daughter.
                    Torrential rain all evening but in true British fashion we carried on, me in the rain and everyone else in the kitchen lol. However it stopped eventually and we all had a wonderful time. My garden was desperate for the rain, it filled 800 litres of butts in less than an hour, I had just used the last drips.
                    Now I have a kitchen that looks like a bomb has hit it and a headache.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Morning all

With the current weather are we all ready with the recipe books,there's gonna be a courgette glut coming our way very soon I think
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                        Hi Sally, I grow an abundance of sweetcorn too. I try not to freeze whole cobs apart from a few I chop into thirds for the bonfire night bbq. I just cut the kernels off and freeze in portion sized bags and either give them a quick zap in the microwave or steam to cook, but both methods from frozen
                        Thanks got that, I have been picking them and snapping in half and freezing. I have ordered a gadget to get the kernels off, then worked out It was coming from China. Will arrive a bit late for this years crop though.
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• I just use a sharp knife....

Comment

• Morning all!

Disaster has befallen here! I made a cup of tea this morning with the last teabag and went to the cupboard for the new box to find that there isn't one. This fact makes me seriously rearrange my plans for the day...

Comment

• Try this while you wait, Sally

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                                Morning all!

Disaster has befallen here! I made a cup of tea this morning with the last teabag and went to the cupboard for the new box to find that there isn't one. This fact makes me seriously rearrange my plans for the day...

Did you say you were making a cuppa tea Hazel..ohhh yes please lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X