No announcement yet.

Chainsaws

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I work for a company who sell chainsaws, parts etc etc (family owned not large chain). Although not the area which I specialize!
    As everyone has said, if it's going to get alot of use/abuse you really need a brand that can be backed up, especially if you are going to use it alot... if you are going to use it once a year, a cheaper one may well last and/or be cheaper to throw away every few years and buy a new one.

Top of my list would be stihl, husqvarna, if you wanted electric Bosch aftercare/service/parts is ok.
    Cheaper petrol - mcculloch, echo, tanaka can all be ok after care. I've had bad experiences with Ryobi (but thats just me)

As a general guide, if its an own brand from a diy shed and it breaks within the 1st year, they will usually swap it/help in someway..if its after 1 year you may struggle which is where spending a little more comes in handy, the dealer networks for stihl/husqvarna should always be helpful. ( i know I am! )
    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
      I've had bad experiences with Ryobi (but thats just me)
      )
      I don't think that's just you! That chainsaw drove my OH nuts!!!

Comment

And with me too scarlet. Including a brushcutter.

I'll never buy ryobi again

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I also slung a Ryobi away,they should stick with what they do well,which is electric drills,etc
          Last edited by bearded bloke; 05-01-2014, 09:15 AM.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X