No announcement yet.

Not the New Year's Resolution thread.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that is the first month practically over! I am still having to remind myself about the handbrake but I think the habit is slowly consolidating!

So now I am looking for a February habit. I think I have decided on a 'fixit February' - I have so many little jobs to complete here there and everywhere that I have been putting off for years! I am going to set myself the task of bustling round the house every day and spending 10-15 minutes fixing one of these things. For example my key rack is overflowing, I have a second one to mount all ready - it just needs to be screwed in place.

So I am going to get a fixit bag ready - hammer, screwdriver, spare screws and tape measure - various glues etc - you get my drift. Then I will probably wreak havoc as I go!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I think I have formed a habit with flossing each morning after a slow start - inflamation in R shoulder and L elbow made it too painful at the start of the month!

February? I seem to have got in the habbit of avoiding situations where I might have to use French, which is silly as, although far from fluent, I can comunicate fine. I shall stop being such a wuss.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was thinking about this thread this morning.

February will be my 'tidy-and-sort-it' month. There's loads to tidy, loads to sell/rehome/recycle/burn, and it really is time I got on top of it.

I will tidy something every day.

I will 'rehome' something every day.

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I find it helps to use a timer for these kinds of tasks - I can do most things for 15 minutes however mind numbingly boring they are!

Comment

FIFTEEN minutes!? Darn you're good!

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              I was thinking about this thread this morning.

February will be my 'tidy-and-sort-it' month. There's loads to tidy, loads to sell/rehome/recycle/burn, and it really is time I got on top of it.

I will tidy something every day.

I will 'rehome' something every day...
              But if you make that a habit, by December your house will be bare!
              edit: but also very, very tidy
              Last edited by mothhawk; 31-01-2014, 06:54 PM.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

It would take a few years of that kind of habit for me to clear the house Mothhawk!

Comment

I wasn't going to start another habit forming resolution till I'd perfected the first one, but I'm doing fairly well, and it is New Year again (in China), so I'm going to get into the habit of NOT having a biscuit with my tea. It's a hard one this
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I'll join you in that one, Mothhawk. Since Hubby has given up smoking (again) he's bringing biccies into the house. So am I. We managed to eat a whole packet of Choocy Gestives today, between us. It was a small packet, and I missed brekkie and lunch to compensate, but that's still very BAAAAD.

Comment

I have managed to lose 6lb this month on the not the new year resolution diet. Gave up cakes, biscuits and crisps. Gonna have to think hard about what to give up in February though.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                        I have managed to lose 6lb this month on the not the new year resolution diet. Gave up cakes, biscuits and crisps. Gonna have to think hard about what to give up in February though.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                        Um dieting!!
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Lol Mikey - not helping!

Success with my first fixit - it took all of 10 minutes including locating ratchet screwdriver, screws and spirit level. I now have a row of cat's tails to hang my keys on . Tools put away for the next project tomorrow.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jeanied; 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Ooops slipped a bit - 4th day and only 3 fixits done - my key rack, a hole in the wall filled and a metal curtain holdback screwed back in the wall using fresh rawlplugs and some flexible filler to stabilise the crumbling wall.

Took the dog with me when I went to screwfix to get a bolt to fix my door handle/ knocker back in place. She is an instant icebreaker and got me some great service!

I took the handle in with me and everyone was guessing what diameter bolt to use - I got the closest guesstimate - all the builders said it was 2 mil and I said it was 3 mil! I ended up with a big packet of the threaded bolts and an even bigger packet of nuts to go on the end but hey ho I can fix my door handle tomorrow - once I have located my hacksaw to trim the bolt to length.

I am quite enjoying these fixits

Comment

Yay! Door handle / knocker fixed in place after some fiddling around with the hacksaw, and artery forceps (one of the more useful tools in my repertoire ). All I need to do now is find some touch up paint to imitate brass so it doesn't show so much.

I haven't been able to shut my front door so easily for ages and ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                                I haven't been able to shut my front door so easily for ages and ages.
                                I try not to unlock my front door, as some numpty put the catch on backwards so you have to turn the handle to close it but not open it. Doh! That's a job that's been on the "to do" list for over 18 months now ... but there's always something more interesting ... I mean important to do

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X