Grumbly Cat

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumbly Cat

One of our cats grumbles. The boys have nicknamed him 'Touch & Grumble Gus'. It's not growling and he mostly does it when he's relaxed or blissed out. He sounds like a real miserable beggar when he starts, but his body language says opposite.

Does anyone else's cat do this?
    Last edited by julesapple; 30-12-2013, 10:14 PM. Reason: bad grandma
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

nope!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Nor mine! My cat does sometimes sound like he's saying 'hello' which makes us laugh. Funny creatures aren't they ?
      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Maisie does! She even grumbles sometimes when she is eating so it comes out as a 'grrr ow ow ow'.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Comrade Timski and Izzy Whizzy sometimes do it too, but not to the extent that the Gussie Muppet does. With those two it's more when they are stretching out, or when doing that odd 'curling up tightly' type stretch.

Gussie grumbles when you stroke him - like a human would if they were having a deep muscle rub.
          Jules

Comment

Our old Siamese, like most of her breed, used to 'talk' most of the time. When asleep, she'd snore like OH and the Dog. She'd also growl really loud and menacingly if she didn't like something - a noise outside, or a neighbouring Cat.

I really miss her, sometimes.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Our cat,who my son originally got as a rescue cat, and then passed her on to us is The Noisiest Cat in the world! She makes the loudest mewls ever! I even asked the vet to remove her loud meows ! And she does also snore, quietly compared to her loud meows!
              DottyR

Comment

I just poppped in here because I noticed that there were 66 views for this post, and 6 posts. 666 -what a way to start the new year!
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                  Our cat,who my son originally got as a rescue cat, and then passed her on to us is The Noisiest Cat in the world! She makes the loudest mewls ever! I even asked the vet to remove her loud meows ! And she does also snore, quietly compared to her loud meows!
                  We have Izzy - she's the tiniest thing you've ever seen, for a fully grown cat. But lordy can she make a noise. She fairly yells at you!!
                  Jules

Comment

I used to have a petite tortoiseshell cat who purred so quietly that often the only way you could tell she was purring was by feeling the vibration of her throat when you stroked under her chin. She was a sort of rescue cat as she had the unfortunate habit of sleeping on your face, and her owners, who lived opposite us, had a small baby and so always shut her outside. So she moved in with us.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Mine's a rehomed Siamese and they are the noisiest cats ever! She gives me a right telling off if I do something she isn't expecting.............. like go upstairs to the loo when she expected me to go to the kitchen

I just can't win... meow, meow..........meeeeoooouuuuuw! ! ! (why don't you answer me mum!)

Comment

That sounds familiar, Thelma!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Our cat does have a very quiet meow ...but she's ever so clever...being a French speaker she has managed to learn to say 'ello!'
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X