Blogging advice, please.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogging advice, please.

Hi all you Bloggers out there I need some help and advice . I would like to start a Blog but have no real idea what to do and how difficult/easy it is. Is it best to set one up you pay for or are there good freebie ones.
    I'm fairly computer literate just don't know much about setting one up and have got very confused with all the stuff I found on Google.
    Thank you all in advance !
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

I use a wordpress template, but it's hosted on bluehost for minimal yearly cost. And minimal website domain name.
    Just have a go, and if you don't like one site then move. Just make sure you have a reply comment screen thing or you'll get loads of spammy replies.
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I use Blogger. Very easy to use and structure how you want using a big range of templates and designs. Part of the gurgle empire, free and you can carry ads and get paid.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Creating a blog is no more difficult than making posts on here. You just type away, add photos, there you have it: a blog (it's just an online diary)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I use Blogspot, it's free. Mainly use it to put up pics for distant relatives

Allotment 37
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I started using Wordpress this year, it's easy and it's free but it does show the odd advert to visitors. I haven't caught up with myself yet - have a lot of holiday pictures to put in with narrative - but will be up to date soon and ready to start blogging properly again.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I use the free Wordpress too: wdouglas14.wordpress.com Once you get the difference between pages and posts it's a doddle. I believe all the others mentioned above are fine too.
              My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

Thanks all , great help. I do like the idea that u could be paid, Pyreneesplot. Any drawbacks/conditions to that ? Will have to get going.
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                  I do like the idea that u could be paid, Pyreneesplot. Any drawbacks/conditions to that ?
                  I don't think you get much, unless you have millions of hits (happy to be proved wrong though)

And you have to have adverts all over your blog

http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/07/ho...d-network.html
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 27-12-2013, 07:09 PM.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X