Feelin' Bullish...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelin' Bullish...

Am thinking of investing in some shares. Have a company in mind. How does one go about buying shares? Complete virgin alert, so words of one syllable will be appreciated. Ta!
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

I'd never buy shares any more. You have to invest quite large sums of money and wait too long for any kind of decent return. Instead, I'd recommend betting on the movement of share prices with spread betting firms like IG Index.

Your intial outlay is much less and if you qualify for a credit account you are speculating with their money. Worth a look.
    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Just be careful if you do go down the spread betting route though, as you could lose a lot more than you think. Make sure you have a really good read up on it. It's a margin thing, and is quite risky at times, although it can be extremely rewarding at the same time

Comment

Uh-huh, uh-huh, I hear what you are both saying.......Whether I have a clue what it means is another thing! P'raps I'll stick to selling my excess seedlings to make my fortune....

Comment

Become a post man, they give them away.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
            Am thinking of investing in some shares. Have a company in mind. How does one go about buying shares? Complete virgin alert, so words of one syllable will be appreciated. Ta!
            You have a few options..

Some banks will do it for you, so check with your own one..
            Other option is to open an account on-line with a Broker..Google will throw a few up for you...
            I think Halifax, HSBC do it and then you will see others too..

Also check out this link Top 10 Share Dealing Accounts UK - Buy & Sell Shares Online
            Last edited by Tripmeup; 19-12-2013, 11:31 AM.
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tripmeup, I'll take a look.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X