Serendipity:)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serendipity:)

Serendipity (one of my favourite words )
    means a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; a fortunate mistake. Specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it.

To my mind, it sums up perfectly the result of using the Forum's search engine.

I've been searching for threads about choosing an allotment for a newby - but have been sidetracked by all sorts of interesting and hilarious threads. I've looked at Cabbages and Netting, Ugly Veg and chickens and all because I searched for "choosing"
    So, if ever you're at a loose end, put any random word that comes into your head in the search box, and see what's come up
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM.

VC wow - I take it you didn't mean the Google box but in any case you have just made a happy man very old don't think I'll try searching that word again ---for a while anyway
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Stick to the Vine searchbox, Shen, even then I can't guarantee what will come up

Comment

I used to go to school with a girl called Serendipity. Her parents were hippies. We called her Dippy....
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Was she a "happy accident" too

Comment

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
            VC wow - I take it you didn't mean the Google box but in any case you have just made a happy man very old don't think I'll try searching that word again ---for a while anyway
            Which one "serendipity" or "choosing" ?
            Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Didn't realise that was the choice I thought you could use whatever word popped into your head - trust me
              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I have the movie - enjoyable

Nutter by Nature

Comment

You're a very norty boy, Shen

Comment

Shall I go to the norty step? - if so I have to say it was worth it

Nutter by Nature

Comment

BB's there already, with something he found by serendipity

Comment

Wonder if his daughter gave him the Parental Control Password - I'll need to ask mine again - knew I should have written the bl..dy thing down

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Possibly. They were probably on something and thought she was an tantric conception or something. We all thought she had the coolest name, but she hated it. She hated her parents turning up to speech days in bare feet and kaftans, twenty years out of date. They were an embarrassment, I have to say, but we were all envious of their laxness as parents; Dippy could do anything she chose, when she chose. Nothing she did was ever wrong. She never, ever, took advantage of them, though.

I guess they must have gotten parenting right - she was a nice kid.
                          Last edited by julesapple; 10-12-2013, 07:38 PM.
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X