No announcement yet.

Grapevine Xmas Album

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad used to sing that ^^^^. I think he thought he was Bing though!!
    We'd all sing carols at home too - Silent Night, Away in the Manger, Hark the Herald. We little kids would go from door to door singing and hoping for a few pennies or sweets. If you were given a chocolate it really did feel like Christmas.
    Nobody had much to give because we were all poor but there was always something to share with your neighbours who might have even less. So in memory of those precious years when Christmas meant something to me
    SILENT NIGHT (TAWEL NOS) RHYDIAN AND COR HEOL Y MARCH - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaybee View Post
      No idea how to put a link in (perhaps some kind grape will do it for me) but how about......

It'll be lonely this Christmas by Mud it really tickles my rock 'n roll spot
      Mud - Lonely This Christmas
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I Saw Three Ships - Blackmore's Night

Blackmore's Night - I Saw Three Ships - YouTube
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Those two are my all time favourites
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I loved doing The Pogues on Karaoke..........I can pretend to be pi55ed...........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I loved doing The Pogues on Karaoke..........I can pretend to be pi55ed...........
              Pretend???? lol

Comment

Every Christmas my dad would sit me on his knee and sing "The little boy that Santa Claus forgot" it still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it after 60 years. "I feel sorry for that laddieeeeee, cos he hasn't got a daddy......"
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Looks like you are not the only one to be affected by this song Bill: Happy Xmas.

THE LITTLE BOY THAT SANTA CLAUS FORGOT LYRICS - NAT KING COLE

Comment

have we had this yet
                    Bob Dylan - It Must Be Santa - YouTube
                    this will be a battle from the heart
                    cymru am byth

Comment

I can't believe it's almost a year since this was put together................ Just thought I bump it for any newbies who may wish to add to the album then it can be ready for Friday for the grand opening.

Comment

Where does time go?...............It's fast approaching so sing along and enjoy (if you can).

Comment

My 2 favourites have already been mentioned "Fairytale of New York" and "Winter's Tale". Not a favourite as I always thought it was naff but very much played when I was young "All I want for Chritmas is me 2 front teeth". So that's nostalgic. And I'm not bothering to look for a link due to it's naffness.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

Another of my favourites hasn't been mentioned yet. Let's include it in the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCvz7uflMIU
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X