Tudor Monastery Farm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor Monastery Farm

Did anyone catch the first episode? What did you think? No Alex Langland this time.
    While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

I've missed it???

* sobs
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh No, missed it, now have put it on record!
      DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        I've missed it???

* sobs
        Me to! Sobs also, will try see it on catch up.
        DottyR

Comment

BBC iPlayer - Tudor Monastery Farm: Episode 1
          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
            yeh..right!

one of the disadvantages of living here....

quote "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. "

oh joy!

Comment

I recorded it last night, will watch later this evening after george clarks small spaces.

I watched all the others, I think they are fab. This time they are becoming tenant farmers for the church, and have got about 5 acres I think. What I don't understand is how the church in Tudor times owned so much land.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I watched it found it quite interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  . What I don't understand is how the church in Tudor times owned so much land.
                  We were paying tythes to the church into the 1960's on our farm land. They finaly did away with it after so many hundreds of years of milking farmers.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post

What I don't understand is how the church in Tudor times owned so much land.
                    Must have been set in a time before Henry VIII fell out with the church.
                    Have recorded too, to watch later. Have enjoyed all of their series and looking forward to watching this series as we know the Weald and Downland museum quite well.

Comment

Watched it enjoyed it, new chap seems to fit in well, good first episode.

Won't say any more as some of us have yet to watch it.

Potty
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

This is one episode/series I really wanted to watch too!
                        The first part of my home was built in 1630..it was a small family homestead- I'm sure the farming techniques would have been similar over here!

* sigh
                        Last edited by Nicos; 14-11-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Did you watch Tales from a Green Valley Nicos - set in the 1620s?
                          BBC's Tales from the green valley episode 1 FULL - YouTube
                          I went to the location not long after they'd finished filming it. Had great fun there with some of the re-enactors

Comment

VC do you know when that was made, Ruth, Alex and Peter look very young.

Can see some of our lady members have a swoon.

Potty
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

2005, Potty Tales from the Green Valley
                              I only met Stuart Peachey, but I did try on his hat and waistcoat It was so much heavier than I expected. You can see it in the photo at the top of the link - Stuart with the beard and THE hat!!!

EDIT, thinking back, it must have been 2004 that I went there, so I guess that it was filmed 2003/2004.
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-11-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X