X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badger sett or rabbit warren?

Comment

In 1 hour I will reveal all.....
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

^^^^ Watch out for Jack Frost's nippy little fingers

Comment

Is it something to do with radiation? I'm sure we covered this in Biology a long, long, time ago........
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Or faeries.....like running really fast round and around?
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Mikey flatulance?
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Ok here's the techy answer.

You are correct Jules it is down to radiation. All things have a measurable level of radiation. 'Radiation frost', the most common type is where the daytime temperature is above zero degrees but as the temperature drops below zero overnight the warm air near the ground reaches its saturation point and turns into water vapour settling as frost on the grass, its settles as dew when its warmer.

Compared with the ground itself grass doesn't have much volume so doesn't hold much radiant heat from the day, this is why the grass can freeze when the ground doesn't. However under the canopy of a tree the ground is warmer due to the radiant heat bouncing off the tree, this is often enough to keep the air temperature under the tree from reaching zero and stop the grass from freezing.

Non Techy answer

It is common knowledge that mushrooms grow under trees, but mushrooms are in fact fairies stools, and the tree is their classroom. At night the fireflies join the fairies adding light and warmth from their wings. The result of lots of hard graft from the fairies is why you don't have a frost under trees in the morning.

I know what you are going to say, not all trees have mushrooms under them, well this is true that is because as fairies get older and stronger they are told to pick up their stools and put them away at the end of the day, hence no mushrooms.

Simples.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

A Ryan air jet emptying the toilet tank before landing.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Well done Jules. I still think it could have been a plump milk maid.
                    Last edited by Bill HH; 13-11-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Mikey, I thought you were the one who collected all the faeries' stools (and ate them)

Comment

I did call the fairies theory

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Out of the two I'd really like it to be Non Techy answer because that's the one that will stick in my head
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Out of the two I'd really like it to be Non Techy answer because that's the one that will stick in my head
                            The non-techy answer can't be right, 'cos I had frost on my car but not under it, and there are definitely no fairies under it either.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              The non-techy answer can't be right, 'cos I had frost on my car but not under it, and there are definitely no fairies under it either.
                              Mmmmm not meaning to be rude but fairies are magical little beings just because you can't see them don't mean that they are not there

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                              Last edited by darcyvuqua; 13-11-2013, 03:51 PM.
                              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                                Mmmmm not meaning to be rude but fairies are magical little being just because you can't see them don't mean that there not there
                                I agree with you there Darcy
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X