ipad advice please?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipad advice please?

We have recently bought an ipad and slowly getting to know our way around it.
    However I sometimes find it hard to touch the screen exactly where I want to say...insert a letter etc into a word. My fingers seem to be too chunky- although I don't think they are particularly large compared to other peeps.

What I had thought of doing was to use a pencil with a rubber on the end to give a firmer and more local touch on the screen.
    Am I being daft? Is there something you can buy like that?
    What do other peeps do to get round this...I can't be the only one eh???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Have you tried, just making the text larger?
    DottyR

Comment

ha ha ha!!...never thought about that!

Comment

Just what I was going to say Dorothy Also, if it is about using the keyboard, I always find that it is bigger when turned on its side (and more natural to use in my opinion)
        I think that inserting a letter in the middle of a word or deleting a word is always difficult (my BIL still can't do it after 5 years!) You can buy something almost exactly like a pencil with a rubber on the end. This is the first one I found but there are loads on-line and I expect that you will be able to buy one from a bigger Intermarché of Carrefour. Stick with it, I love my ipad.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Love mine to, think I'm addicted !

Funny tho, I don't like mine on 'landscape' , it's one of the bestest things I ever bought!
          DottyR

Comment

I expect you have Nicos, but do you have the Kindle app on your iPad ? Find this v useful for reading in bed, cos you don't need to keep light on. And of course saves taking heavy books on holiday.

Oh I could go on and on................... But I won't ..........
            DottyR

Comment

No- no kindle at the moment..I really love the smell of paper back books to be honest- but I can see it's uses!

Comment

Scarey!!!

someone has just nicked my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  No- no kindle at the moment..I really love the smell of paper back books to be honest- but I can see it's uses!
                  Me to, and was SO against having a Kindle for that very reason, but being able to download free books or v cheap books, being able to have a little preview, well I have changed my mind. Can do both.
                  DottyR

Comment

Depending on the app you're using, you should be able to zoom in with your finger and thumb (the opposite of a pinch movement) to magnify temporarily the area where you're trying to place the cursor. Then pinch to zoom back out again. Becomes second nature eventually and you end up doing it in a split second.

The rubber on the end of a pencil is a cracking idea but unfortunately doesn't work well, because the tip of the object needs to be conductive (our fingers are, which I always find slightly alarming). So we have to buy a stylus, which has conductive rubber or foam on the end and works fine. Stylii are becoming commodity items and very cheap now. I saw them on sale in a discount store recently for £1 each.
                    HTH.
                    My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

Watch out for the cheap stylus , I have a kindle that came with a stylus there were some on offer very cheap so I thought would get these just in case the first one goes missing or breaks for some reason I am now left with a packet of styluses that don't work.

Comment

Something I do on the ipad which I was advised to do was to use my hand to scrunch up the page you are on to go back to the home screen as opposed to pushing the button. Saves wear and tear apparently.

Motion is wide fingertips dragged together on the screen and the page shrinks.
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

It's a special pen you use for touch screens, there not very expensive about a fiver or just over, and they stop you getting finger marks on the screen.

Comment

Husband has ipad mini, and has 'worn out' 2 of the stylus pen gadgets, apparently, and has gone back to using just finger, maybe he used it too much! Or maybe they just don't last v long?
                            DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                              Something I do on the ipad which I was advised to do was to use my hand to scrunch up the page you are on to go back to the home screen as opposed to pushing the button. Saves wear and tear apparently.

Motion is wide fingertips dragged together on the screen and the page shrinks.
                              Ha! I never knew that! Just tried it... U learn something new everyday! I have had anipad for quite a while now &still not really raving about it. Just prefer laptop.. Can't work easily off iPad,hard to type, can't view flash or word or other stuff.. Just not got to grips with it. &asu can see I can't type on it!!! (Used to swipe texting on samsung) .. & I'm quite a computer/tech person?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X