Clay bread oven

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bread oven

I have access to unlimited amounts of clay from work and would like to build a bread oven next to my outside fireplace.

Has anybody come across a decent website detailing dimensions for a home made clay bread oven "a la Hugh F Whittingstalls river cottage programme" or have plans for one.

Much obliged for any information.

This any use Piglet?
    http://www.networkearth.org/naturalbuilding/oven.html
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Come and have a look at our outside Pizza oven Piglet. It was made by a South African based just outside Kidderminster. We've had it in situ just over 3 years. It has certainly been wonderful but Lyndon's already thinking about how it could be improved.

Comment

i have just been on the River Cottage "Build and Bake" course. If you purchase River Cottages Bread Book Guide (on offer at a tenner) there are instructions in the back on how to make one!
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I want information on building a bread oven using 'local' stone!
          Clay is not an option in the area where I want to build one, but there are remains nearby of stone-and-lime-mortar bread ovens.

I guess some sort of door would be required?
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

They made one on "its not easy being green" have a look at their site.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X