How friendly is your allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot about that one Hazel.

Re our site - it is generally quite friendly but the suggestion to offer around extra seedlings etc helps. I've found a few people that I chat to when I see them but that isn't everytime I'm there or I'd never get anything done. However like Sarah sometimes the silence is much appreciated. Since Miss EB found her voice there are times when little or no chat is a blessing. It has generally been up to us to make the first move except for our immediate neighbours and the site rep.

Keep opening the doors HW.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

( Thanks for explaining that hazel- I didn't get it either!!....must be time for another cup of tea!!)
      My site is friendly with waving arms and nods if you initiate them. People are also willing to chat if approached, I think people on my site give each other a bit of space. Could be more actively friendly, but on our previous site one guy stood and chatted for up to an hour, so we all just carried on with what we were doing and he followed us round chatting away, pleased to have a bit of company! Must admit the thought of "Oh nooooo...." sometimes came to mind!!! ( being from a medical background everyone seemed to think I'd enjoy hearing about all their ailments and gather a bit of freebe advice on the way!!) - not that I minded
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Do you know what, now you mention it, that connection completely wizzed by me! ( I am of a 'Tom Baker' era, though I do remember JP!)

Apologies if I took it the wrong way!
        Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
        I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

The only person who shouts across to me is the Chairman. Everyone else speaks but this ranges from hi to a full conversation. I still have to watch where some go so that I can look at the site map to find out who they are.

We have a shed where some go for a cuppa but as yet I've not been invited and I don't know where the key is if I wanted to go myself. Still only been there about a year so it's early days yet.
          Last edited by Digger-07; 24-05-2007, 02:56 PM.
          Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Hi, our allotment is very friendly, I've only been there a year and only a few hours a week but everyone nods and says hello . they seem to judge whether you want a chat or are deep in it and we try to do the same. Spare seedlings abound and i've swopped a few pallets as most of my seelings seem to kick the bucket! We have no site rep but the old boys on the plot ( from all different backgrounds ) are very informative and helpful. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              I am of a 'Tom Baker' era
              I don't think you can beat the new doctor, I know I will be glued to the tv on saturday.
              Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X