Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommended recipes for new ice-cream maker?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommended recipes for new ice-cream maker?

I have bought my husband an ice-cream maker for his birthday.

Has anyone got any really rich decadent recipes that they can recommend?

I love anything really chocolatey.

My husband prefers fruity gooey things but I suppose I ought to use up some of our fruit from the allotment really.

Yes Vanilla and snadgers grapes.(See post by snadger re surplus grapes)
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Bottle of Baileys and carton of cream POW

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        I have bought my husband an ice-cream maker for his birthday.

Has anyone got any really rich decadent recipes that they can recommend?

I love anything really chocolatey.

My husband prefers fruity gooey things but I suppose I ought to use up some of our fruit from the allotment really.
        Do you have strawberries in your freezer? Delicious ice cream.

Chocolate, Baileys, coconut, cream, mmmmmm

I bought a little book on Ice Cream, making, I'll look it out tomorrow, if that wud helpful. If you google whatever ingredients you have, lots will come up. Oh, think I'll make some again, it's all lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
        DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
          Do you have strawberries in your freezer? Delicious ice cream.

Chocolate, Baileys, coconut, cream, mmmmmm

I bought a little book on Ice Cream, making, I'll look it out tomorrow, if that wud helpful. If you google whatever ingredients you have, lots will come up. Oh, think I'll make some again, it's all lovely!

I have strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blackberries in the freezer that husband would love. can these be combined with chocolate?

Comment

Strawberry chocolate and vanilla ice cream brought back memories of Wall's neapolitan bricks you could buy off the stop-me-and-buy-one vans - not thought of that in years!

Chocolate orange - melt 4oz good plain choc in two tablespoons of orange liqueur and add before churning.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I have strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blackberries in the freezer that husband would love. can these be combined with chocolate?

The book I bought , £5.99 or may even have been less, from A........n Ice Cream Made Easy, by Annette Yates, definitely worth it.

The little leaflet that came with machine also has nice recipes,strawberry, banana, raspberry, all nice and good.

DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                Strawberry chocolate and vanilla ice cream brought back memories of Wall's neapolitan bricks you could buy off the stop-me-and-buy-one vans - not thought of that in years!
                I remember buying a block of icecream, pink, green and white sold in a cardboard carton. After Sunday School, my brother and I would go to the icescream shop about 10 minutes walk away and buy a block for Sunday tea - special treat.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I remember buying a block of icecream, pink, green and white sold in a cardboard carton. After Sunday School, my brother and I would go to the icescream shop about 10 minutes walk away and buy a block for Sunday tea - special treat.
                  I remember that also! They used to wrap it up in newspaper,to stop it thawing out!

DottyR

Comment

That's the one Dotty We'd run home with the icecream, and the block would be cut into 4 and we'd have it with tinned fruit or jelly
                    We didn't have a fridge, let alone a freezer!! Simple pleasures

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      That's the one Dotty We'd run home with the icecream, and the block would be cut into 4 and we'd have it with tinned fruit or jelly
                      We didn't have a fridge, let alone a freezer!! Simple pleasures
                      Tinned peaches! Or fruit cocktail !

Oh yes, bottles of milk standing in water, if it went sour,was used to make scones!

We knew how to live!!

DottyR

Comment

I made a few jars of black currant jam and have been stirring some into vanilla ice cream. OMG

Comment

I just make a really good vanilla using a custard base ans plenty of clotted cream, then add whatever we fancy/is available to the bowl when I serve it. This way I know I always have something to go on top of a hot crumble or pie. Our fave "additions" at the moment are fresh raspberries crushed with sugar and a little lemon juice (Mr Teez) and toasted walnuts and pure maple syrup (me).....Dammit, I want some now!....
                          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Yes!

I think my bramble jelly stirred in sounds like a winner.

Comment

Currant Ice Cream

I suppose I ought to use up some of our fruit from the allotment really.
                              That's why I bought ours, because I don't need any more jams, and I don't drink wine any more.

Currant Ice Cream
                              450g currants (black, red or a mixture)
                              175g caster sugar (it just melts faster than granulated)
                              300ml double cream
                              a sieve
                              2 saucepans
                              a fork or potato masher

Melt the sugar & currants together, allow to boil then simmer for a few mins so the fruit breaks up. Crush the fruit with the fork to get more juice out.

Pour the fruit mixture into 2nd pan using a sieve to get the skin & pips out (you only want the juice: compost the skins).

Cool the mixture (I put it outside to cool rapidly, then into the fridge).
                              When the mixture is cold, pour it and the cream into your ice cream maker

Try not to eat it all in one sitting. This recipe provides virtually all an adult female's calories for a day.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X