Am I just lazy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    If I spent time cutting it up small I'd have to miss out other jobs and... the plot would have more weeds.
    Actually it might have fewer weeds. Since I started leaving chopped up plants on the soil surface (as mulch) the weeds have decreased dramatically, and those that do appear are easy to spot and remove
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Actually it might have fewer weeds. Since I started leaving chopped up plants on the soil surface (as mulch) the weeds have decreased dramatically, and those that do appear are easy to spot and remove
      Depends on the weed unfortunately. I have a big bind weed, couch grass, dandilion and horse tail problem. They don't much out sadly and if I don't keep in top of them I'm back to square one.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have all those too: they get pulled up and left as mulch also, they're full of nutrients that the crops like. I hate them less now that I've started seeing them as a source of fertiliser instead of nuisances
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

So would a dandelion left as mulch find a way to re-root? I leave weeds on the surface too, but dandies I tend to put in the weed bin, if I can be bothered. Always wondered if I left them on the surface would their clever, tenacious roots find their way back into the soil. I wouldn't put it past em

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X