• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((hugs)) take it steady
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Slowly finding mo Jo paid for manure to be delivered to add to bed over winter and cropped my whole greenhouse ready for the clean down

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      Attached Files
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

That's a lovely crop. If you could pop round and do mine too as it's on my to-do list.

Comment

Wow been in cardiff all morning sorting through my dad's place

Very very hard morning

Comment

You should have called in for a cuppa darcy. If I can help in anyway let me know

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post

Very very hard morning

Years ago, when my late mum went into a Nursing Home (Alzheimer's) although I had 5 brothers and 2 sisters, it was left to me (with some help from Himself) to clear the house. I remember thinking at the time that apart from a few bits and bobs we took for her room at the home in the vain hope that she would remember something, her whole life seemed to boil down to the things in one cardboard box. When I came home, I put it in my loft and it's still there. She died over fifteen years ago. It is a hard job Darcy, but it has to be done and you will move on. Be strong love, we're all rooting for you.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks flo

VC I know I could have popped in but just needed to get home and have a sweet cup of tea

Comment

Just caught up with this thread, and I feel for you, luv. T'was one of the hardest experiences ever when I had to sort out my Mum's stuff after she passed away - and I had help from supportive siblings! It's good to know that you are getting pleasure from your plot - if your Mojo is not quite fully restored, at least you know it has not completely left the building. As always I find myself smiling at the computer in response to all the good advice and support Grapes offer, but can't help feeling that if those gorgeous children holding the pumpkin in the picture you posted are anything to do with you, you have every reason to be happy with your lot. Try not to be too offended by your family's reaction. People deal with their grief in many ways and I'm sure that they will come round in time. in the meantime take it from us, you're doing great.
                  When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Ah it's awful, I know what you're going through. Went through it myself in July. Just dragging yourself out of bed is enough to do some days. I did find though (and I don't want to sound like one of those weird preachy types) that I felt closer to my Mum-in-Law when I was in the garden. I could hear her telling me how lovely it looked (she never got to see it) and how proud she was of us and all the hard work we put into it. So, I just kept digging and planting and weeding, hoping she was looking down at me and smiling and also bit tearful now, so going off for a brew x
                    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Thanks flo

VC I know I could have popped in but just needed to get home and have a sweet cup of tea

Next time...........and I do have sugar (though not always milk)

Comment

Very very hard morning

My mum died over 25 years ago now, in Cornwall, I was living in Sunderland and had 2 very young children, I can still remember my sister and I sitting on her bedroom floor sorting through her things, tears pouring down our faces, but we also smiled at some of the things she'd kept, and were able to talk about her and her life. All the stuff went to Charity, and somehow we felt much better after doing this.

I hope you will to.

DottyR

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                        DottyR

Comment

Onwards & upwards Darcy, that was a difficult thing you did today.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X