No announcement yet.

Food waste!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Cottage are running an "ugly veg" campaign at the moment, and it seems (so far - haven't kept up to date) that sainsburys and morrisons buy veg, despite the shape. Must admit I haven't seen any in their shops, but some people have been tweeting pictures of veg in their shops all misshapen, etc.

I think it's our fault for being so damn lazy and not wanting to wash/peel veg in the first place, rather than governments. Supply and demand, basically.

Comment

In these times of austerity Why don't they have mis-shapen fruit and veg bags like you get with chocolate. If the price was lower, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

I took a photo of one of my tomatoes the other day, let me see if I can find it....
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

My tomato bears an uncanny resemblance to Gene Simmons!!
        Attached Files
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          In these times of austerity Why don't they have mis-shapen fruit and veg bags like you get with chocolate. If the price was lower, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

I took a photo of one of my tomatoes the other day, let me see if I can find it....
          Sainsbugs does - on their "basics" range bags it says something to the effect that the fruit/veg is not a uniform shape and may be a bit on the small side, but still tastes just as good. the exact wording escapes me. @sda also has a basics range of fruit and veg, similarly described.

In effect these stores are creating a 3 tier system - top quality (e.g. JS TTD range) of large perfect fruit and veg; standard quality - medium range sizes and the odd bruise; and cheap quality - small, the odd bruise, the occasional strange shape.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X