Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOT FLUSHES - Mainly ladies but lads too if you have anything constructive to add.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Okay - today is day nine. Update: Now it's day 17!

I am sleeping quite a lot better, Update: MUCH better! and although I am still waking during the night, it's not for as long and I'm not having trouble going back to sleep. The hot flushes are much less severe and much less frequent, and I haven't had any of the 'shock/panic' type. Update: Hardly any flushes at all - despite still on the caffeine and alcohol diet!

Also, I'm waking earlier in the morning, and am ready to get up - yes, me, wanting to get up - unheard of! I have noticed that I don't have the almost constant tiredness, in fact I've been working longer, and walking the dogs further and more frequently, and I'm not getting out of breath. I've also noticed I don't yawn every five minutes, and I'm no longer looking for excuses to sit down!

Think I'll keep on with these patches...
    Update: Stupidly, I actually feel younger (although there's still a Hag looking at me in the mirror.)
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsCordial View Post
      I'm surprised to see so many women 'of a certain age' on the pill.
      I'm almost sick thinking about a coil, so that aint never going to happen. *pukes*

Comment

Just thought I would add my experience to this. About five months ago I took a 'funny turn' which lasted for six days start to end. I couldn't eat, drink or sit still. I felt suffocated and anxious, discussed with doctor who said for me to go straight back if it happened again - preferably while in the 'throes'. (I had recently had a general anaesthetic and lots of dental work done - GA seems to have cured my ME/CFS so I thought the rush of energy was associated). A week or two later, the same feelings started again so I went to the doctor, in a state of distress and was given sedatives to help while they sorted it out. Doc sent me for thyroid and various other tests - all showed up clear. Another week or two went past and same again. Another visit, another doctor - this time I said I had noticed that I was okay on 'those' weeks. Got changed from mini pill back to combined (I think) and been fine since.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
          GA seems to have cured my ME/CFS
          A complete aside perhaps .. really?

Comment

Yup, waiting to be referred to a doctor at the local hospital who has an interest in ME/CFS but have heard of someone else who had the same experience.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

I haven't given up caffeine and alcohol completely, however when it's that time I avoid it for a couple of days before till I'm done. Unfortunately that means being a grumpy mare in need of wine/choc/coffee for up to two weeks
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

my missus has just started having hot flushes - i'll be keeping an eye on this thread ....
                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

... and hiding anything sharp/dangerous...

Comment

where's the fun in hiding the sharp/dangerous stuff?!?!
                    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Haha!

Best update, I suppose; Still happy with the 'Happy Patches' as I've now named them.

Comment

I was thinking about this thread earlier. I had a caffeinated coffee earlier in a pub (it was 11am - I'm not *that* dull!) and had tomatoes with supper, both things I've not had for at least a week, and just now I was overwhelmed with heat. Maybe there's really something in this?
                        Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X