5:2 diet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjaybee View Post
    I just despair at how much more difficult it is to loose weight now I am nearly 60.
    yes, your metabolism really slows down (after 40, I found) and the amount of food you need really decreases as you age, yet we still eat the same amount of food, more or less, all our life.

My nan used to eat 'like a bird' and I couldn't understand how she could live on that little food, but that was truly all she needed. I now eat Belv1ta biscuits for brek & lunch, and have a normal dinner. I eat first course OR a dessert, not both.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      I'd put your attention to 'do more' rather than 'eat less'.
      Ditch the car.

Nobody (in the media) seems to have worked out that our country has gotten fatter & fatter since it became normal to go everywhere by car.

Until 4 years ago I didn't have one, I cycled everywhere (up to 30 miles a day). When you're used to it, and have a good bike (not a Half0rds £99 one), even 10 miles a day isn't a sweat, although people don't believe me.

They think I cycle because I'm fit. No, I'm fit because I cycle. Only 5 miles a day now, to the shops, school and the allotment. Longer journeys I use my car, or if I have heavy loads.
      In the summer, the dog and I visit RustyLady, that's a 16 miler. One of those once a week shifts the weight if I'm really a bit lardy.

Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have two friends trying to lose weight. Both are on the 'Shakes for brekkie and salad for dinner' diet, and not shifting an ounce. They're not giving their bodies enough fuel to be useful, so both 'bodies' are cramming and storing everything they're given.

I'm cutting out carbs, and losing slowly. Yes, very slowly, but I am losing nonetheless. If I cut out my evening G & Ts, I'll lose it more quickly. My other difficulty is eating enough - I just don't get hungry on this regime, and I forget to 'fuel-up!'

Good luck with it - the hardest thing is sticking with it and not giving up. If you lapse, get back on track as soon as you can - it's a diet not a punishment!

Yeah, and I'm an expert...rofl!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

All good advice that in our hearts we all know. I know I need to loose a stone but I just love my food and enjoy cooking. That's life. I know where to come to get cheered up and encouraged when it all fails miserably. Its bran flakes for brekky, courgette soup for lunch and something really low cal for dinner, this might be the starving day of the week once I count up the cals. Doesn't counting cals become obsessive! I don't think I can face meal replacement, I would rather just have salad, need something to crunch on.
          By the way 2sheds, looking good and trim there, the sort of derriere my hubby would look at and appreciate (from a distance). He's no threat though at nearly 70!
          Thanks all.

Comment

Anyone count their steps? You should do 10,000 a day!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X