Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a cat called Georgie

I think I'm joking, I sure I am...
    but just today, youngest cat Georgie (a Devon Rex - and for anyone who knows them, they can outdo Siamese anytime) has taken a running jump into a bag of plants destined for the allotment, my lovely tomato plants - poleaxed... halved in fact.
    Then I was proving some wholemeal rolls and she decided to take a trot across the lot, they were covered, I hasten to add, but have interesting decorative detail all the same now. Then I rashly left a desk draw open and in no time at all, there was Georgie wedged solid, which meant a great deal of time under the desk (me) trying to inch her out. No worries and it was off for a quick chew on the loo roll.
    She's asleep now, looking like butter wouldnt melt but she'll be back, if I'm lucky after I've left the forum so won't have her parading up and down my computer keyboard while I'm trying to type.
    Oh no, she's back....goodbye.
    Sue

LOL, if you are serious I am sure my neighbour would love her. She has a collection of those odd Siamese Rex things (not sure how you spell their proper title) and used to have a Devon Rex. Our cat (T Rex) has been a proper pain today - he sits under the shed balcony waiting for the birds.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Shirl
      No, no not serious, wouldn't part with her for the world, just today, she's been more than usually trying.
      Besides what would I do without my furry little alarm clock to wake me up at 5am in the morning beause she wants the tap in the bathroom washbasin turned on for a drink, what's wrong with the cat bowl I ask - but no answer..

And she is very beautiful, gray with goosegog green eyes.
      Sue

Comment

I didn't for a moment think you were serious She sounds lovely - even to me who doesn't like cats very much. I am sure she is well and truly forgiven all her naughtiness too.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Interesting your cat will only drink running water from the tap. I had two cats - mother and daughter. One would drink quite happily from the cat bowl, the other would only drink if she jumped onto the side of the sink and the tap was turned on for her.
          Enjoy your lovely cat. I still miss mine after many years.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sue, just be thankfull that you don't have Terriers! They could dig for England! A friend of ours planted out 50 bulbs last summer, within half an hour, their Terrier had brought back 49 of them and was determined to find the last one! Little sweethearts *#^>@##
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

My cat - Moggs - loves rolling around on any spare bit of soil she can find, then treading all the mud onto the kitchen floor just after i wash it or jumping onto the bed to clean her paws. She won't drink water indoors at all, it has to be in a dirty puddle - what IS it with the mud thing!?
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Our long haired cat Neo wakes me up for fresh water in the early hours of the morning by clambering all over my neck and face!!
                If all else fails, he'll happily drink out of the toilet or the pond, but will never drink out of the bowl of fresh water left by the food dishes.
                He loves bringing us half chewed bits of mice ( the other cat just lets them go free in the house for us to catch!!) and happily 'catches' slugs in his fur ( well trained!). The best bit ....are the fur ball/half digested mice he vomits on the landing or stairs for us to tread in with bare feet in the middle of the night!
                He's half snoozing across my forearms whilst I'm trying to type this!
                Oh to be loved so !
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

OK
                  I forgive Georgie everything after hearing about the bare feet in the nighttime thing, urggh.
                  And Terrier, used to have an airedale when we were children, she was beautiful if mad (died of a brain tumour), lived right by the Sussex Downs and she used to make every walk a misery as we scanned the horizon for sheep, so we could get her back on the lead double quick and then there were race horses out on exercise which for some reason were the enemy, embarassement at every turn with Sandy!
                  But my worse case of animal embarassement was with my much loved but alas late, Devon Rex, Spotty, he used to come to work with me and quite happily travelled backwards and forwards in my bicycle basket, once we spied him creeping up a lady's skirt as she crouched down to look at the bookshelves, luckily she found this very amusing as did the woman who lost her chicken legs to Spotty, she said they were only for her husband!
                  He got very well known in town and when he went on his travels, I used to get calls from places like solicitors offices saying would I come and get him as he was playing about in their office and they couldn't get on with their work.
                  In the afternoons he used to sleep in the shop window, which was very good for business as he always attracted a crowd. He lived to be 26 and I miss him still.
                  Sue

Comment

A real character Sue, don't you just love them for it. As for bringing things in our cat was never very good at this but one cat I knew who lived by the beach at home used to bring in bits of seaweed and things like rubber gloves. In fact she once, very proudly, brought in a cabbage leaf. Her owner didn't have the heart to discourage her. We referred to her as EllieWellie Air Head!
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Earthbabe
                      There's a theme there, seaweed, rubber gloves and cabbage!
                      I keep meaning to say, I used to live in Southampton, in what were once Dockers Flats, before they built the poncy marina over the road. Didn't go out at night... I remember going up on the bridge over the river and looking back over the town and seeing what was the largest oil tanker in the world then in dock (think it must have been during the oil crisis, it was there for ages) and it looked as if it was in the middle of town, a very strange sight.
                      My flat was horrible and it was thanks to the marina I managed to sell it, so expensive that yachties were willing to take on nearby property.
                      Only place I've ever seen two great burly bouncers outside a fast food restaurant too!
                      Sue

Comment

Maybe it's a grey cat thing, Rita my little grey tabby is a tiger in her mind and will happily ambush sheep for fun, and stalk the red deer out on the hill. She goes for walks with us, won't eat her own dinner but whatever we're having, she wants and generally imposes her will on us both! And demands tax at every opportunity, by rolling on the floor in front of where we're walking and we can't pass without paying tax, ie rubbing her belly. We love her!!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Birdie Wife
                          I think Georgie and Rita would get on fine together, cats of the same ilk by the sound of it.
                          I'm regretting growing my hair now, I wear it in a long plait which has proved to be a very useful climbing rope for Georgie, and very painful for me.
                          I do have another cat, Max who is older and a bit of an Eeyore, not surprising when he's run ragged by Georgie.
                          Georgie's tax is a bit of plastic parcel tape, this is dragged out at any opportunity, visitors are always a good bet, not having played with it 9,000 times already.
                          Sue

Comment

Have you got any photos of your lovely cats Sue? Bernie
                            PS Ramsey and Crosby always have to come into the bathroom with me - we then have a discussion as to who is going to use which cold tap first - I usually lose with Ramsey leaning over the sink and drinking from the running water there, and Crosby sits in the bath and drinks from there! Actually, found Crosby fast asleep in the bath the other day! Awww! PPS no it wasnt full of water at the time!
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi Sue,
                              Strange that, I too have long hair in a plait... the only time Rita tries to climb up me is when I'm gutting sea trout though she does have a habit of stalking birds by using the raised beds in the garden to hide. If I catch her at it, she rolls over for tax... awwww... can't stay mad at her for long.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X