Around the world in 80 gardens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the world in 80 gardens

I just watched a recording of the first instalment of this new BBC series.

I wasn't expecting much, not being a great fan of Monty Don, so I nearly gave it a miss.

But I was wrong. It isn't just unexpectedly good, it is jaw-droppingly good. I was glued to it for the whole hour.

Catch it while it's still on iplayer, you won't regret it I promise.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Is it a new series or a re-run?
    I liked it, but then I like MD.
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

When was it on? Can't find it in tv mag

Comment

Ere yer go ........... only part 1 of 10 currently available,presumably 9 more to follow .......... BBC iPlayer - Around the World in 80 Gardens: Mexico and Cuba
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 31-07-2013, 11:52 AM.
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Cheers friend.

Comment

Looks like it is on 7:30 Sunday evenings,this week it will be Australia & New Zealand,details ....... Around The World In 80 Gardens appears on TVGuide.co.uk - TV Guide UK TV Listings

Comment

It is a re-run of the series first broadcast in 2008,all episode locations here ...... BBC Two - Around the World in 80 Gardens - Episode guide

Comment

It was on originally a few years back. Don't go great on Monty Don as a presenter, something just makes me turn off. Not watched GW for some years now.

Think I watch some of it the first time round and my memory was it started out OK then failed to live up to the initial offerings.

In order to warrant the title they had to go to parts of the world where gardens don't match with our understandings of such. Seem to have the memory that when he gets to India one "garden" is strange to say the least, as in wasteland ? Something says it was a water garden but visited in the dry season, so no water, just dry land. Seemed a bit odd.

Also to do 80 gardens the time allocated was a limited and the early ones used the time so the latter ones were brief, think West coast America to East coast was a rush. The idea of 80 something or others was prevalent then but 80 gardens really needed a 20 week series and that wasn't going to happen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X