Work Avoidance Tactics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Avoidance Tactics

Ok, you know things are bad when, in order to avoid sewing Roman blinds, you voluntarily clean the cooker....

Any other work avoidance tactics?
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Read every post on the Grapevine

Comment

I'm meant to be packing for holiday, leaving early tomorrow. I have found loads of other things to do, so what should have taken a couple of hours, tops, is still not done and yes here I am on the Vine.

Comment

If you are reading a blog, there's a handy button at the top left called 'next blog' which if you click on it takes you to a random other blog (fairly random anyway).

I can while away hours peering into strangers lives like this.

Comment

YES it's called an allotement
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'd be finding avoidance tactics to avoid cleaning the oven - horrible job.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
              Ok, you know things are bad when, in order to avoid sewing Roman blinds, you voluntarily clean the cooker....
              Are they the ones that sort of ruche up when you pull the cord, rather than rolling? I helped make some once. After that, I decided I would never have Roman blinds, curtains or rollers for me
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

That might be the ones, or possibly you're thinking of Austrian blinds - these fold as opposed to ruche.....anyway, one finished, one to go. Then I 'just' need to hang them......

I'm trying to find something to do to avoid getting started on the other blind now. I've washed up, fiddled with the WC that isn't working properly, dashed out to get the laundry in - it's started to rain, chatted to my Ma on the phone......running out of diversionary jobs now. So, I just had to check the computer....
                Last edited by julesapple; 28-07-2013, 03:30 PM.
                Jules

Comment

Ah, Austrian, they're the ones. Absolute pain in the arris. JULES! Stop reading this and go and finish that last blind! Right now! Go!
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Okay, okay...I'm gone already!
                    Jules

Comment

Are you still here Jules?

Comment

I am not what you might call the most houseproud of people; the house gets tidied and cleaned to my own comfort level, so it is never one of those nightmare homes you see on some tv programmes, but I have noticed if I have to do anything like filling in some official form or making a phone call to a government office, then I suddenly get an urge to vacuum, dust, sort out that heap of mail, do the laundry and clear out the fridge rather than doing the form or phone call which would probably take a matter of minutes to do anyway.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

My housework avoidance is to go out to work leaving retired hubby at home to clean, dust, tidy, hoover, clean windows, keep garden tidy, etc. He does it so much better than I. I have even thought of hiring him out
                          He can't cook or iron, so he's not perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Are you still here Jules?
                            No. Definitely not. Not here at all.
                            Jules

Comment

Blinds finished then? Or on a tea break? That's my work avoidance ploy.
                              Last edited by mothhawk; 28-07-2013, 05:10 PM.
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X