No announcement yet.

new greenhouse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mothhawk. No tow bar or horsey friends Wonder what the size limit is for luggage on the bus

Comment

Roof rack on your car may work but it would depend on the size of the car. Without glazing the weight would be no problem but its how much support you have under the frame work. The other thing is how much overhang you would have front and back of the motor, any more than about 2 feet and the boys in blue wouldn't be very happy.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

According to the car spec its 4.239m (13'10") and 1.64 wide (5'4") but, being a dumbo in these things. I guess I'd have to have roof bars across the rails, then planks over the roof bars to support the GH

Comment

Had to do a crazy move one time with a Fiat Punto. Got up VERY early and did it while the rest of the world was sleeping
          Delighted for you!

Comment

Thanks red. I'm benefiting but ChilliGrower is missing out Doesn't seem fair

Comment

Looking at your car specs overhang shouldn't be a problem but like you say you may have to use some timber battens tied down to your roof bars to support the extremities of the framework.

Potty
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

The daft thing is - the GH is only 2 miles away. Easy walking distance, albeit uphill. Most of it through the park and on footpaths. The frame is light to carry - I really want to walk it home but I have a fit of the giggles just thinking about carrying a 12' piece of GH! A quick turn round and I've written off 3 cars and demolished a house wall.........

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Thanks red. I'm benefiting but ChilliGrower is missing out Doesn't seem fair
                  Que Sera Sera. Enjoy it and buy ChilliGrower a nice bottle of plonk win win all round.

Comment

I've seen it Getting sorted with the dismantling and base construction - maybe transport as well - looking good
                    Now to start clearing the "rockery" as it needs to be levelled for the base. This is how it looks at the moment - yes, there is a rockery in there

Wish me luck - I'm starting now
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Red!! Rain stopped play at this point.......

I'm not sure whether this is going to be the right place or not!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

good luck VC!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for coming over today CG
                            And for those of you who didn't, remember the rockery where I'd thought to put the new GH? It looks like this now

I must have been using the wrong sort of tape measure as there's not enough room for a 12' GH So we're on Plan B. Get rid of the Kiwi fruit and put the GH on the grass - about here - between the kiwi and the jasmine

Kiwi has been hacked to bits

.....and I've regained a rockery
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 29-07-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I've just read this thread (yes, I know, I'm very slow)

Chilli Grower, if you ever get another greenhouse and it's glass, you just need to apply glass safety (or security) film onto any panes that need childproofing. I don't know how much polycarb is, but the film might be cheaper.
                              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Sounds like you're having a ball VC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X