Peas n Midges

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peas n Midges

After being away all yesterday I came home late and had a stroll round the garden just before dark and noted that masses of pea were ready for picking, so I decided to get up early in the morning to pick them while the dew was on them...
    So I was in the garden at 5-30 am in my shorts and a mushroom tray in hand for I knew there would be lots. There were, but also, millions of tiny midges sleeping on the plants that were none too please to be awoken so suddenly.... They attacked me en-mass .. I am now covered in itchy reddening sores....
    What price pea........
    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

You missed a trick there. You need to rub yourself with mint before picking peas when midges are around, that will stop them from getting annoyed and biting you.
    A peas mint works best...
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

You can always rely on Sno for some sage advice at the right thyme ...........

Comment

That was great advice about the mint. I sucked a polo while picking me peas this morning and never got bit once.
        Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Yes, Poet, you were holey protected !

Comment

Does chocomint work just as well

Comment

Nah, sorry Polytastic - you'd be choc-a-block with female midges craving "just one little bite"...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X